Best domestic Chardonnay?

Some amazing selections thus far…my favorite domestic chard thus far is the '14 Sonoma Coast from Kutch! On a side note, Jamie is super excited by the '17 Trout Gulch being released this Fall. It is my plan to purchase 2 cases.

I’ve been finding Calera Central Coast Chardonnay for $15 recently. Definitely overdelivers at that price.

I’m an idiot for not trying Arcadian. +1 on Mount Eden. Their 2011 absolutely floored me - insanely good.

It is possible that the wine is available somewhere around here but I do not ever remember seeing an offering for it and I really doubt it is widely available around these parts. I really don’t go out of my way to find California Chardonnays. Most of the ones I taste are brought to tastings by others. As these people have good palates, I get to taste some good ones and not as many duds (esp. since I retired and no longer attend work happy hours - although I do taste some horrible US Chardonnays at our Country Club wine group). Almost all the Chardonnay I buy is from Burgundy (including Chablis) or Champagne.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Au Bon Climat. Or did I miss that??
Ramey and ABC just got reviewed nicely by Jancis Robinson. So was the MT Eden Cab.

Agreed - they are pretty pricey.

Good point! The basic ABCs are really nice wines and amazing values.

(Not that you would ever shill for your friends…)

Vice Versa Platt Chard
Aubert Lauren

Walter Scott X Novo
Lingua Franca

A 2010 Rhys Alpine Chardonnay last night was fantastic.

John,

They are all my friends. I just brought up the un-mentioned

Hanzell is really solid. At least in the conversation…

how much are rhys chards running these days?

Eyrie Original Vines

Sorry, I was referencing only the Ceritas prices in my answer. I have never tried Rhys, but would like to.

[winner.gif] [winner.gif] [winner.gif]

It’s Rombauer…duh!

Has anyone tried Girgich Hills recently?

So many incredible examples out there these days. Handful of my preferences right now:

Evening Land Summum
Ceritas Trout Gulch
Arnot-Roberts Watson Ranch
Forman Star Vineyard
Enfield Heron Lake

HdV. I don’t think I’ve seen them mentioned yet but consistently one of my favorite Chardonnays period. Other people using Hyde fruit have also made excellent wines of course. Also, I think ignoring QPR makes no sense.