best hot dogs?

Peter, I find it humorous and absurd that you are in the FOOD section of a bulletin board discouraging people for discussing FOOD.

Perhaps. Food yes – but do we really need to discuss hot dogs? What about jelly beans? Let’s have in intellectual discussion about the pros and cons of processed cheeses. Sorry, just seems palpably silly to me to analyze each and every crumb that enters our bodies.

The wagyu I used to get at Ottomanelli’s in nyc were a treat but too rich to eat two. If I were sourcing something special, I’d be looking for a german deli for sure.
The chicago dog stuff is tongue in cheek, right? I love em, but I sure don’t think of them as authentic anything, more of a delightful abomination.

Peter, no one is forcing you to open/read/comment on the thread. Personally I think a kosher hot dog in a natural casing is really the high point of hot dog cuisine but why is it so wrong for someone to ask a question, and for others to offer up options?

You’re right Brent, but I saw the title and couldn’t resist. And it’s not so wrong to ask the question, I just don’t get the extreme obsession in judging every type of food put in front of us.

To rephrase (and perhaps mangle) a Winston Churchill quote, I guess I love good food too, but I take it out of my mouth every once in awhile.

We did a dog off one time…

I think the things that stood out to me was the amounts of salt in some of those things.

I think we had Katz and Nathans and Vienna and Bests .

Paul

Personally my go-to is still Sabrett’s natural casing hot dogs.

Brian I was being completely serious. To me, a hot-dog is what it is … a hot-dog. I like it for exactly that. I like Chicago-style hot-dogs. There have been a coupla good brands named. Hebrew National are very good, so are Sabrett’s and Eisenberg’s. _Red Hot Chicago_dogs and Vienna are staples. Nathan’s suck.

This is the way for me:

Skip the dog and go with a Sheboygan brat:

If you go with a dog anything kosher works like Hebrew National. Costco dogs used to be Kosher. Not sure they are anymore.

I love this quote, because it is SO true:

‘‘A double with the works, that’s what I always have,’’ said Mr. Miesfeld, 44. ‘‘A double, then you pop a cholesterol pill. It’s a mortal sin here if you order a single.’’

You’d see quickly how many doubles each resident eats if you visited!

I can eat the hell out of these:

Willie Montanez. [rofl.gif]

These are really good! I just wish they had regular sized version.

I love the joke that is “uncured” and “no nitrates or nitrites added”. Sure hope they didn’t use celery in the process - that stuff is loaded with nitrates!

Chris

dup

Snake River Farms Kobe Beef Dogs are simply amazing

I’ve looked around at websites using all these great suggestions. I really wanted to order the Pearl brand, but minimum 10 lb order stopped me. I’ve ordered the snake river Waugh dogs. I will probably order Katz’s as well. Thanks for all the help!

http://www.lowereastsidekosher.com

Our local ATL folks Patak make the best to me.