Best of Class restaurant dishes

Venison at the Ledbury is the best version of that protein I have had.

Well I would love that homemade gefilte fish. My grandmother in law used to get it from a butcher on Madison Ave I think, and it was great.

More to the OP – Steak Tartare at Lark in Seattle.

Best fried chicken sandwich – Popeye’s [rofl.gif]

I had to google “Jardiniere” for the spelling and didn’t know they closed. Bummer.
Short rib - formerly Jardiniere in SF.

Also Pompano,
The cracked conch at the wee humble Fish Shack

We had our wedding lunch (closest we got to a reception) at Marea after the service and all of us ordered this dish, except one who is vegetarian.

As a pescatarian I’ve never had this dish except for a couple of times when the kitchen made it for me without the bone marrow. It was good, but I’m sure my missing ingredient brings the dish to a much higher level.

Abalone: panko, hints of salt, garlic, lemon, diver/chef Robbie Burns, Salt Point Woodside Campground, Sonoma.
Tried and confirmed two dozen times, best paring 2002 Ramonet Ruchottes.

I disagree. I only order it 90% of the time.

how can the fusilli at marea be the best when there’s nothing to compare it to?
i agree it’s amazing and have had it 75% of the times i’ve been, but i’ve never seen it any where else

This explains the original dish/inspiration at a place in Italy and how it evolved when they brought it to the states.

very cool alex
thank you

Agree on the fish Tacos at Solbar. I have them at least twice per month!
I would add best in class for mozzarella/burrata dishes the made-to-order hand pulled mozzarella at Brasswood, St. Helena. Once per week.

I do love that fusilli at Marea, also the linguini vongole at esca,chicken en vessie at Daniel,uni toast,tuna tartare toast at ZZ’s( related),

Tajarin con burro e salvia at Spinasse.

Drunken Chicken at Monsoon.

I need to get to Pompano Beach more often! Sounds awesome!

Maple syrup filled foie gras from 11MP

Uni with caviar - chef table Brooklyn fare

Chicken wing stuffed with abalone - benu

Veggie dumplings - arpege

if your avatar is really your car it shouldn’t take long to get there!

You obviously have never been to a Berserkerfest at my house. However, I have never made home made knishes with hand stretched dough. It takes way more patience than I have. She must have spent an hour just stretching to, walking around and around a table with a linen table cloth and the dough gradually stretched on top of it.

And who’s fault is that !
What am I , chicken liver ??? [snort.gif]