Best online place for regular auctions?

How does Acker auctions work when they close? When I was outbid for a lot, it notified me. But after it closed, I was unable to see who won the bid. Other lots that I bid on, I was a high bidder, but I don’t know if I was outbid near the close of the auction as I had other plans. Any info appreciated.

KL does charge a buyer’s premium. It’s 5%. Also, a lot of the prices are lower than the lowest on Wine-Searcher or at least fair. As long as you check before you bid, you shouldn’t be paying too much.

A number of sites no longer allow people to see who won. It may be a privacy initiative, especially as some bidders reveal their identities on fora like this.

Be careful of Acker. Some houses are not the most admirable rogues in the prison yard…not that it takes much at all.

Okay thanks victor. (So it won’t even let you know if you won right?). Generally does Acker usually give an outbid email. So if I bid on multiple lots but only received an outbid on one of the lots, I likely won the other lots that i did not receive an outbid email on? Thanks.

Thanks for the tips too… yikes.

Acker Merrall Condit auctions, starring John Kapon, Rudi Kurniawan, and Allen Meadows

I meant that the unsuccessful bidders cannot see the successful ones, after the auction is done.

I’ve only bid once on an Acker auction but IIRC you will get an outbid email notification. So if you didn’t get that notification you can assume you won.

Yes, it’s crazy that you can’t log into your account after the auction ends and see the results of the lots you bid on. And I also recall that you don’t receive an email with the outcome of the auction for at least a few days after it ends.

Thanks Victor and Andrew for your responses!