best pairings

FG and D’Yquem is literally as hedonistic as it gets.

Pork chops with a reduced creamy port wine sauce and Huet, Demi-sec, Le Mont, 2007.

I had this a few times now. But i am running out of 2007’s and only have 2014’s left :expressionless:

Cedar-planked grilled Copper River salmon and OR Pinot Noir

Oysters/shrimp with Pepiere muscadet

Seafood risotto and white burgundy.

White Burgundy and salted cod. Match made in heaven.

1 Like

The best pairing goes to 2005 Lopez de Heredia Tondonia Blanco with saffron, shiitake, and leek vegetarian paella! [berserker.gif]

Honorable mentions to Krug NV with truffle & mushroom pasta, Riesling and pork in various forms and shapes, and oaked Chardonnay with pumpkin risotto.

Smoked fish with Kabinett or Spatlese riesling.

1 Like

Roast chicken and Chinon
Champagne and potato chips/popcorn
Burger and Napa Cab
Duck and Bordeaux
Dry-aged beef and aged Auslese

dupe

Sushi and CdP, but only en magnum

A delicate ocean fish fillet, pan seared on one side then oven roasted and served with lemon butter sauce, paired with a steely lemon Chablis.

A selection of young to medium soft goat cheese, paired with a Loire Sauvignon Blanc.

Pan seared foie gras with caramelized apple, paired with a sweet Chenin Blanc.

Briny oysters served freshly shucked on the shell ‘straight’ or with lemon, paired with a non-pretentious Muscadet or Gros Plant (aka Picpoule ).

A not too biting blue cheese paired with a sweet and acidic Sauternes/Barsac.

We are doing this exact meal tonight. 2017 Stone Cottage gewurzt from West Elks AVA Colorado.

Sushi and Sauvignon Blanc
BBQ and Zinfandel
Salmon and Pinot noir
Nicely charred steak with Cabernet Sauvignon
Champagne with anything
And of course the classic as said foie gras and sauternes

Gewurtztraminer from Alsace? And off dry? Gewurtz come in many different guises.

As it turns out, tonight was a perfect pairing, with sweet potato, spinach, caramelized onion and goat cheese quesadillas, paired with 2002 Dönnhoff Norheimer Kirschheck Riesling Spätlese. The wine and food made each other better.

In all seriousness I like CdP with salmon, tuna, and eel.

I may be a little out of the mainstream on a few of these:

Peking Duck and Pinot Noir
Foie Gras with Rioja Gran Reserva
Fresh-ground hamburgers from the grill with 10 - 20 year old Bordeaux Cru Bourgeois.
fresh dive scallops sauteed for ~30 seconds per side with White Hermitage at least 10 years old.
shrimp and vegetable tempura with Santa Cruz Mountain Chardonnay at least 5 years old.
tuna sashimi with Chateauneuf-du-Pape

Dan Kravitz

Homemade tomato soup with clothbound cheddar grilled cheese on sourdough with LF Golden Slope Chardonnay. Delicious!!!

We had the perfect pairing tonight.
Tomato with spinach,garlic topped with gruyere cheese(Joe’s stone crab style). Aubert Lauren 2013
We cut an extra rib from a Costco rib roast. It was 4 ribs originally.
Grilled it! Served with Colgin Cariad 2008.
So far best 2021 dinner.

Maybe due to PNW salmon being so fatty I don’t find Pinot to be as good pairing of a pairing as Bordeaux or Cab Franc.