Best regions in 2021

How is 2020 in German wines?

you’re not wrong. is PdB Riserva maybe worth $90? probably. do I want to pay that for it? no, I wanna feel like im getting a deal! lol

1 Like

My purchasing plan in 2021 is to buy as many wines from the 2019 vintage as possible that I think are likely to sell out fast. A few key producers in Germany are already locked in, so I’m patiently waiting for the producers I really love from Burgundy to be available.

Key producers for me:

Whites
Keller
Wittmann
KĂźhling-Gillot
Y de Yquem

Reds
Patricia Green
Coudert
Bachelet-Monnot (Maranges)

How are Bachelet-Monnot’s reds? The Maranges whites I think are terrific. Y d’Yquem is very good but I personally feel the price tag is disproportionate.

I was wildly impressed with the Maranges when I tasted the 2016’s. Based on that, I thought I’d pick up 3-6 bottles. As for Y d’Yquem, it’s been a favorite of mine since tasting the 2017 on NYE 2019. I don’t know if I’ll be buying beyond the 2019 vintage due to the cost…but I’m happy to have the few bottles that I already have.

I haven’t tasted a huge number, but what I have have been quite ripe with plenty of substance, but well balanced with good acidity.

Please do your own research before buying in bulk! Taste widely and/or read the experts’ reports. I wouldn’t want to mislead you!

I will. Just trying to gather as much information as i can on the vintage :slightly_smiling_face:

For me, 2018 wasn‘t that great in many regions, and 2019 can‘t come soon enough. I‘m pretty stoked about 2019 german riesling, northern rhone, and loire.

Just read in Vinous that “the Brunello Consorzio has already rated five stars” for the 2019 vintage. If there’s any fans of Rosso, sounds like a year for that…