Best sub $150 white Burg experience?

These are all very good suggestions. Due to the oxidation problem, you will be stuck with wines that are “not properly aged” unless you want to buy a few to get one good one. Even then, there is no guarantee so the $150 part could easily become $500.

Lots of my personal favorites on these lists.

coche meaursault village - easy. will pancake most anything in that price range.

+1.

“the first obligation of a wine is to be red…”, Harry Waugh.

Have to agree with the other posters suggesting Chablis. You can buy multiple bottles of excellent Vincent Dauvissat for $150.

An alternative would be a village-level Meursault from a top producer. 2010 Domaine des Comtes Lafon Meursault Clos de la Barre can be had for under $150. Clos de la Barre is a lieu-dit located Bourdeaux-style at the Domaine, so you are enjoying a single vineyard if not a premier cru.

This.

The clos des lambrays version is a cracking wine too.

Boillot Mouchere, Bonneau du Martray CC, PYCM 1er crus, P. Morey Meursault Perrieres

In my experience (which is probably less than yours), I’ve found this wine to be inconsistent.

2013 Hubert Lamy St. Aubin En Remilly - More on the pure, defined end and you could even get 2 bottles.

If you like a little more power, I’d go with a 2010 Meursault Charmes, PYCM would be tough to find but a good bet.

I bought some '09 PYCM Meursault Charmes to have in the apartment and to bring to a friend’s home for dinner next week. €60 from the most expensive shop in Paris. :wink:

Easily found under $150???

There are quite a few suggestions that I haven’t had, but for something I’m familiar with, I’d say Bonneau du Martray Corton-Charlemagne. I know it has a terrible premox record, but it’s pretty impressive on release with a long decant. I’m assuming we’re talking about early consumption, otherwise there are very few reasonable suggestions.

darn it. I went to so many shops in Paris, didn’t see any PYCM :frowning:. Grabbed a single bottle of chevy at a dumb price in beaune tho.

champagne.gif The cost of the plane ride is for the Epoisses dish. The Coche is just an added benefit.

Bouchard Corton Charlemagne

This one: http://www.crushwineandspirits.com/2011-Roulot-Meursault-Les-Luchets-6g304.aspx

Domaine Jacques Carillon Puligny Montrachet

Not quite a fair question - especially for people over 50 years of age -

but for me - it’s -

ETIENNE SAUZET - Puligny Montrachet Les Combettes" - especially many of the late 80s vintages

Ingoring Chablis, where US$150 should by you pretty much any wine other than if you must have Raveneau, I would suggest top wines in that price point for CdB are:

• Sauzet Combettes
  • Boillot Moucheres
  • Boillot Genevrieres
  • Bouchard CC
  • Carillon Perrieres and Referts
  • Roulot Charmes and Boucheres
  • Pernot BBM

As has been noted by several others here, PYC 1er Cru