Best Syrah Producer on West Coast

My household loves the Peay bottlings

Cayuse, Pax and Reynvaan, Saviah Cellars in the first round.
Arcadian and K Vintners in the second round.
Kevin White, Bedrock, Va Piano, and Two Vintners in round three.

Peay

Love their Pinots. Will have to seek out their Syrah’s!

Arcadian is not out of business. Their website, however, is.
You can reach them at:
joelle@arcadianwinery.com

Why is their website down?

Highly recommend them.

We had a 2007 Jaffurs Verna’s vineyard tonight. OMG. Tar, leather, smoke.

To your list I would add Ojai.

Please do, highly recommended.

Good call. I would have mentioned them had I remembered.

Saxum, however since you say west coast…can I suggest Le Vieux Pin :slight_smile:

Didn’t see this answered- yes they are. You might be thinking of their Skyline Syrah that was ripped out to get replanted to pinot (I think), but they still make a syrah from another vineyard.

MacLaren in Sonoma Valley. Steve makes some nice cool-climate Syrahs.

Great call, my favourite Okanagan Syrah.

Not known for syrah, even by me, but this was surprisingly good in a Frenchie way.

• 2015 Sandler Wine Company Syrah Connell Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Bennett Valley (4/19/2020)
    Northern Rhone style, well done. Asphalt, Old English cleaner, iodine and muted black raspberry. Palate is loaded with acid, salt and minerals. Again muted black fruit. Light weight.

Posted from CellarTracker

Wilde Farm makes a lean and mean Syrah from Halcon too. Wines are made by Pax Mahle and they do a crazy good BD deal here every year.

Peay makes two great ones, Radio Coteau, Halcon

Some great suggestions so far. Adding Lagier-Meredith, Drew, Terre Rouge, Whitcraft. Also opened a recent Tercero that showed great.

Love these. They’re great with 8 or so years on 'em. It’s nuts they don’t sell well. Ed’s skipped a vintage or two Everyone should go buy a case.

Another humble producer of excellent cool climate Syrah is Waxwing. He seems to move around in sourcing, so he made a few from Bennett Valley and a one-off from Halcon Vyd. Checking current releases I see Lester Vyd (SCM), Flocchini Vyd. (Petaluma Gap) and Dierberg Vyd. (Santa Maria Valley).

Paul Lato - I know he is mostly known for his Pinot Noirs, but I think his Syrah is great. But perhaps not that restrained.

Drew

Good call

Myriad gotten a couple mentions, but I’d add Quivet (especially Las Madras) to the list.

Also, Radio-Coteau makes fine syrahs.