Best Wine discoveries from reading WB'ers (or other wine boards)?

Huet, Rhys, Ceritas

oh and one other:

Burgundy.

I had never considered this.

Not sure i want to admit it, but much of my cellar comes from wine I discovered here.

Bedrock
Copain
Ceritas
Debiase
Keating
Acv
Hobel
Alpha omega
Swan
Siduri

No doubt it was the Stupid’s introduction to Cote Rotie (on WLDG) that I remember most fondly.

Carlisle
Roar
Sojourn
Lagier-Meredith

From this board, Guilliams and Bedrock. Haven’t received Bedrock yet ( next week), but the Guilliams wines are excellent and am very happy to have read about them here.

Easy one: Greer.

Roy Piper’s post on eBob

Best,

Kenney

Screaming Eagle 1st vintage the 1992 from Parker on the old Prodigy board when the wine was $50±

I can’t believe there’s no love here for the elf and his wltv forum … [cheers.gif]

Recently:
Chassagne-Montrachet 1989
“Clos Devant”
Madame François Colin

which I got from Crush, which I learned had a good selection of old Burgs from WB.

Warren, my cellar today is a direct rep of the WB experience. It has evolved but the composition of it, along with my palate that has evolved with it, is inspired by the community and board here. Truly.

And to your question, being specific, and close to your heart I am sure…HUET!

I started a thread like this last year for the purpose of raving on my favorite of the wines I learned about on this forum: Gonon. Have to put Domaine Guion in second place. I have since bought many cases of these wines. Both tremendous.

Gonon alone makes the price of admission well worth it!

I actually “discovered” Rhys in Burgundy–about 2003, can’t remember exactly–when I met kh at Paulée de Drouhin!
alan

In no particular order:

Rhys
Ceritas
EMH
Denner
Lagier-Meredith
Halcon
Jemrose
Lillian
Hobel

My best discovery is WineBerserkers, from reading the Cellar Tracker forum.

Lots of good stuff here.

Hard to believe it’s been 10 years since then!

Ceritas
Bedrock
Cabot
annnd…2008 Keating GIII unbelievable bottle!

Thank you Thank you!

My most favorite “discoveries” from wine boards - all are also in my list of top domestic wineries. Amazing how much they have added to my wine experience(s).

Rhys
Sojourn
Rivers-Marie
Arcadian
Windy Oaks
Lewelling
ACV

I see I forgot several wines from Posner (grapesthewinecompany), who I found when I came here as a Squires refugee:

Structura Ultra 2006

Trimbach Riesling 2004,
Cuvée Frédéric Emile

Armando Parusso Barolo
Mariondino 2008

2009 Kumeu River Chardonnay Estate

Also discovered
Veleta
Cabot
Rob Panzer
on this board

Martin Steinley