Beta Wine Release?

All sold out as of this morning – that went very fast.

It may be comparing apples and oranges, but I noted with interest the difference on this board between the Hors Categorie release (Christophe Baron exclusive project $500/ two-pack), and the Beta release, which happened on the same day.

Zero comments on the HC release. Many on the Beta release, and now it is sold out.

I purchased 3X of both Betas, and have not pulled the trigger on the HC release. Not sure I will.

Again, maybe apples and oranges, but it was a decision that was in front of me, and I thought the relative interest here was… interesting.

New will always be hot. Not to mention the relative price difference, cheap(ish) Napa Cabernet vs the most expensive WA syrah.

Never say never. Got my wishlist for Vare after the email saying “sold out”! Excited to try these for the first time.

Bumping this for the note today on the chardonnay release next week. Any of the insiders try it already?

I had it with Ketan last November on the mountain, and then he gave us a bottle that we drank at dinner that night. I loved it - a great balance of creaminess and acidity.
DSC06199 (2).JPG

Any idea what the price will be?

I have no idea but I’ll take a guess—$50 (based on the $85 price for the cab).

I’m not much of a CA chardonnay person (OR on the other hand, I love). Might get some depending on the price.

You would be wise to buy it Brian . i suspect it will be nothing like the buttery osky style and that it will likely have nothing in common with other Ca chards. His winemk9ng skill with the reds and this chard is fromm the same mountsin site fashioned from 50 year old vines. Yhis is the last chance as the vineyard is being ripped up soon.

Just curious what was the first chance?

Assume he was referring to the fact that others have made chardonnay from Chuy (Scholium, Failla, etc.)

$65 per bottle…must purchase in 3’s…I’m in for three!

champagne.gif

Picked up a 3 pack and am excited to try!!!

Cheers.

Hit BDX futures too hard the last week. Have to pass on this.

If you know Ketan he is extremely hard on his wines and one of the reasons he obsesses over when to release then. I have not tasted this yet but I do know he is high on it and I know the vineyard well. I went in for mags and 750s. Going to be hanging with him on the 4th so I hope to try this!

I’m torn on whether or not to take my allocation. I had a 2012 Failla Chuy recently that I adored, but I have no experience with Beta wines yet and Aubert’s release is coming up soon.

In for 3, but I was little surprised by the shipping fee.

Ketan worked with Ehren so my guess is that you will like these and its probably a different style than Aubert.

I have too much wine white, but still took a three pack. Keta’s Cabs are to me the most exciting new wines from CA.