Biggio Hamina Cellars Yummy Stuff

You didn’t know?!?!?

Two Orange wines!!!

And remember that mag of Sangio over in the auction. It goes to help children that have grown up.

Many thanks to you all!

If you have not yet heard from me today, you will hear from me tomorrow. Thanks!

Same thing for today… a dozen left.

Dude, this is a ridiculous wine.

• 2008 Biggio Hamina Cellars Syrah/Viognier XIV Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (2/9/2018)
    Medium light cranberry color with slight bricking. Nose is olive brine, sage and red berry. Medium/light mouthfeel, medium plus acidity balances it nicely. Lean raspberries, black currants and herbal tones. Medium finish. Very nice. Could come off as a well made Grenache based Châteauneuf de Pape. That’s high praise.

Posted from CellarTracker

Total no brainer.

here’s a nice write up on the Gew…https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/meet-an-italian-winery-that-makes-20-stunners/2018/02/09/6ea74f90-0d27-11e8-8b0d-891602206fb7_story.html?utm_term=.d15e8b701fb2

Just picked the first bottle at random from the No. 1 six-pack, and it was the '14 Youngberg. This is still opening up in the glass, but I am already a YUGE fan. Dark garnet color, loamy nose, with an earthy, mushroomy presentation. Although the wine has a dark and earthy flavor profile, it is not heavy or fatiguing. So good. This probably would be good with food (could somebody please bring me a roast duck or a Ris de Veau? That would be sweet!). Then again, I could absent-mindedly consume the entire bottle in a half-hour. That would not be rational or fair to the wine, but it is really, really tasty and hard to put down.

Todd, thanks for the excellent BD deal. I have enjoyed every Biggio Hamina wine I have drunk, but I really like this bottle!

Thanks Brad, glad you liked it.

I noticed this thread as I happen to be drinking from a bottle of the '10 Zenith.
It opened with wonderful spicy aromatics from the stem inclusion, started a little sharp, then mellowed with some oxygen exposure to unfold a range of fruit from citrus at the top to plum at the bottom. remains taut throughout, with balance and vibrant acidity. Well done!

Thanks Peter, much appreciated.