Blind tasting of 14 New World Cabernets from CA, WA, Chile, Argentina, South Africa

Very nice review and much appreciated Ron. It appears the wine could benefit from being decanted if consumed early on and I believe our bottle may have been. With bottle variations, personal palate preferences and so on, it’s still only a 2 bottle comparison, but one may reasonably conclude it’s a decent wine and good QPR.
And to the point my friend John Tilson of the Underground Newsletter uses at the end of his reviews, “Drink what you like and like what you drink”.
Cheers

Yes on that note, it did seem to open up quite nicely after 3 plus hours open – so definitely decanting is warranted! Thanks again for introducing me to it!

Blake, we found a few bottles of the Spier Seaward at our local Total Wine. Less than $20 before any discounts. Opened one, gave it a lot of air, and it was a really enjoyable bottle, especially for the price point. Started off with blue fruit and oak flavors dominating the profile, and then that gave way to more earthy, herbal notes. Thanks for the recommendation!

Ed

Appreciate the feedback Ed. Looks like this is a winner for most palates and certainly a statement being made for Cabs from SA.