Blind tasting of chardonnays vs. white Burgs

Tyler makes extraordinary Chardonnay and I too drew parallels to Chablis.

I’ve had a few of the Tyler Chardonnay and Pinot and have absolutely loved every bottle.
Thanks for the reminder to go get more for my cellar. Well, more likely for more immediate consumption.
[thankyou.gif]

Just realized this was a two year old thread that was resurrected, but wanted to chime in that the two bottles of 2011 Forman Chardonnay that I have had in the past year have been outstanding! Similar experience to what Blake described in 2017.

Cheers!

Steve

I too just realised the age of the thread and actually appreciate it that it happened as I got to re-read through the notes and relive the experience and some of the knowledge gained from it. Thanks Peter. I don’t know how you found it, but happy you did.

[quote2012 NEWTON UNFILTERED NAPA CHARDONNAY- extremely rich and powerful, this had a touch of toast in the nose and a sense of oil; the taste was more of honeyed, dried, burnt toast peach and apricot with some flint coming in late; I did not know what to make of it as to CA or FR and called it CA; 15.5% abv.][/quote] Sounds like a Newton.

You would have done well in the blind format with this one John.

BTW all, I’ve learned how to avoid the sideways photo issue that happened in this thread. There’s probably someway to correct it herein, but I had to handle it in Photos beforehand by editing each photo.

[quoteBTW all, I’ve learned how to avoid the sideways photo issue that happened in this thread. There’s probably someway to correct it herein, but I had to handle it in Photos beforehand by editing each photo.][/quote] I like it. Just practicing proper storage on their sides. [cheers.gif]