Blogger or Not???

No.

If you’re a blogger, you do your own moderating, writing, curating, etc. Posting on Yelp or WB doesn’t make you a blogger.

Forumite.

When discussing wine boards to people who don’t know, I’ll use the term “wine discussion forum”.

Since I don’t really gets this interwebs thing at my advanced age, I have my young associates like you do all the postings. The 2 AM tasting note shift appears to be hard on them.

Does that make me a “Flogger”?

Tom, when you do start a blog, the natural name for it would be Long, Boring.

I think a blog is where you talk to yourself, a forum is where you go to talk to others.

This.

But also lots of people never use forums on any subject. Or they may not understand that something like Reddit is basically a giant forum.

I’ve run into issues explaining what this forum is many times and to people of all ages.

And I’ve also had people default to calling what we do here ‘blogging’ as Tom has run into. Lots of people just don’t understand what internet forums are.

I think a blog is where you talk to yourself, a forum is where you go to talk to others.

[rofl.gif]
[cheers.gif]

BTW - is Facebook a forum?

There were a few memorable incidents where some smug overconfident weak-knowledged blogger has jumped head-first onto a forum as a sort of self-proclaimed God’s gift to wine, only to scurry away when their fundamental misunderstandings of wine basics got challenged.

The hall of fame winner would just cut-and-paste other people’s writing, then show off his reading comprehension problems. Mind-numbing…

This! But never boring to me and Tom has provided so much knowledge [cheers.gif]

Hey, Sean…I’m a LosAlamos guy…we make stuff up!!! [snort.gif]
Tom

They usually are pretty quick to tell you who they drink with too.