Breaking news about glasses

I see what you did there, O’ Hater of America… [wink.gif]

TTT

Can’t hold a candle to the aerating stemless wine glass.

I actually got to try a few wines in this glass and I actually dug it! Just a bit out of my price range and I would have been afraid to hand dry it.

1 Like

I bought and have tested the Jancis glass extensively. I quickly realized it is way, way too small for almost any red. I still use it for champagne and port, but not much else. Sometimes minerally whites.

I do like the old wine decanter and use that for wines that I need to decant off sediment but want to aerate slowly, like aged barolo.

In retrospect I would not have bought the Jancis glass. I’ve ordered some of the Grassl liberte and mineralite in the last BD (have not yet received), but I suspect those will do the job just as well if not better.

Saw and handled the Jancis glass today. Liked it. It’s a nice compromise glass, fairly light, but doesn’t seem fragile. Pretty traditional shape, not quite as modern looking as the most popular stems. And frankly not crazy expensive, relative to the current pricing of other models. It’s sleek enough, without being so thin that it seems like you might break it just swirling some wine in the glass.

Size is perfect for my preferences.

1 Like

I am old.
My wife is young.
:wink:

Back in the day, the impitoyable (pitiless) glasses were all the rage. With good reason… for professionals. A glass that highlights flaws and totally kills all aromas and flavors (man, that’s a tough job!) is just what professionals need. If the wine makes it past that, you know you’ve got a winner!

Dan Kravitz

Better than news about breaking glasses.

I like the Jancis glass very much for young white Burg.

1 Like

How… does the glass know to highlight only the flaws?

Cool, similar thoughts from me as well. Have a 2 pack of them, will be looking to get more after I make some space. The decanters are nice, too.

Yeah but can the Jancis glass make the 2003 Pavie drink lithe and sleek? That would make me a believer. :grin:

I give this glass 20 points!

1 Like

How… does the glass know to highlight only the flaws?

Engineering. Just like certain glasses deliver the wine to specific parts of your mouth, some of them emphasize only flaws.

Now Jancis is flawless, so I imagine her glasses will not pick up flaws but only sublime perfection.