Briceland Vineyards • Humboldt Wines Since 1985

+1

There’s another thread on WB right now that’s speculating as to what the next big wine region in CA might be. A lot of people are mentioning Humboldt, and based on the wines I’ve tried from Andrew that is spot on. For me, his wines eliminate the extreme aspects found in many CA wines, while keeping all that is good about CA. They have full, attractive fruit flavors, but are restrained, balanced, and not over the top. The zinfandel in particular is a revelation, and a unique expression of that grape. They are also not widely distributed, so Berserkerday is a great opportunity to give them a try.

Another +1

Picked up a 6 pack of Briceland SVD Pinots last year and they were all excellent. These Humboldt pinots are unique and definitely worth seeking out!

I have no problem recommending this producer. For CA standards, definitely leans AFWE. Very nice acidity for the pinots. Tremendous QPR.

J

Firstly, thanks guys, for your kind words and for taking the time to post.

Secondly, man. I need to get to Atlanta to party with Mike & Friends!

I bought a mixed 6 of pinots last year on Berserker day (my introduction to Briceland). I drank a Ronda’s recently which I really enjoyed - some earth with red fruit. Someone posted a note comparing one of the Zinfandels to a hypothetical Loire style of zin - so this year I am looking forward to trying out the zins (and more Pinot!)

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this comment, but…

Has anyone else noticed that a heavy dose of florals is a signature of the Briceland wines even across varieties? I really enjoy finding that floral note.

Big fan of Andrew’s work at Briceland. The Pinots are delicious and I especially enjoy the Humboldt Zinfandel. It’s rather different from most CA Zins, which is why I like it so much! But with confidence!