Briceland Vineyards Wines anything and everything

1 Like

Boys weekend in Phoenix golfing and went to the ASU game. Airbnb is not gonna be happy…

3 Likes

We’re totally going to make fresh guacamole this weekend!

Anybody get their invoices yet for this past offer? I got a response after email indicating an invoice would be forthcoming. No emails since and no reply to follow up emails. I just called and it went straight to VM. I know Andrew runs a small operation, so this isn’t a complaint as much as it is an inquiry to see if others received their invoice. Wondering if my email is the issue.

1 Like

I have not received mine either. Figure he’ll get to it eventually.

Patricks and everyone…

I have had some unexpected things come up with family and staffing which have impacted my ability to do both my crush responsibilities and my shipping obligations. Thanks for your patience. Coming very soon!

2 Likes

I got my invoice yesterday from, and communicated with Andrew today.

He’s been tied up with harvest.

Hang in there, he will be in touch.

2 Likes

@Andrew_Morris My thoughts are with you and other Humboldt County producers in the wake of that earthquake. I hope it left you unscathed.

1 Like

It was a good one… Cabot is up there too. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Just saw this.

Thanks for thinking of us.

It was a big shake, and I was plenty worried when Inspected the winery and cellar. I lost 1 bottle of Ishi Pishi Zinfandel.

Whew!

4 Likes
  • 2016 Briceland Vineyards Pinot Noir Ronda's Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (1/22/2023)
    Aroma of white flowers, dark red berries and a dash of spice. The palate reveals dark red berries, white florals and the barest bit of spice. Savory and a touch brooding on the palate, with good acidity and elegant tannins. Should drink well for another 7-10 years.

Note that fruit was a bit more cranberry-like upon opening. Strongly suggest giving this wine at least an hour of air, or enough time to let the wine transform over the course of an evening.

Ronda’s is always a favorite of the PN lineup along with the Reserve in years where Andrew makes the wine.

2 Likes

Nice with asian spiced grilled salmon.

2 Likes

A gorgeous Fall afternoon in Humboldt, at Briceland’s Thanksgiving open house. Andrew and Rosie had put together a fantastic spread of 10 wines, tasty bites and music. I highly recommend attending one of the events if you can make the trek (just 15 min off US-101). If you like cooler climate wines and haven’t tried these, this will give you an entirely new perspective on California. Great balance and depth, exceptional value, from dry Gewürztraminer to the standout Pinots.

8 Likes

I have the petite verdot set to open for thanksgiving and the Warden opened the bottle next to it. LOL

I had the 2015 PV, and it was lovely - still have one 2013 left…

Very euro in a good way.

Ugh…

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, Uli. It was nice to see a Berserker in person. Few have made the journey!

1 Like

These are prior Berserkerday wines. NOTE that I am a tough grader. When I went to law school, 88 and above was an A, so both of these wines get an A. And that’s without considering the price, which is a lot less than my law school tuition. I do not have enough white wine so both of these are on my 2024 buy lists at BD-15 because there is only so much chardonnay you should drink. The both make great parings for seafood or for sitting around the pool on a hot day. OH CRAP! I just checked the pre-sale list and their is no Arneis this year. I guess I will go long on the Gewurztraminer.

• 2019 Briceland Vineyards Arneis Spirit Canyon Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (7/17/2021)
    A Berserkerday wine! This is a very good to excellent wine that shows excellent winemaking, suffering only from the fact that Arneis is not the greatest grape in the world, but is a wonderful change of pace from creamy chardonnay, oily southern Rhone, floral citrus Riesling or tropical Savignon Blanc. Pale color with tart green apple, good acidity and a bit of spice. The best Arneis is from Bruno Giacosa or Luca Corrado at Vietti, and I gave them both a score of 90 pts, so please don't take 88 as an insult. I would gladly get more of this at the price. Paired very well with red snapper and green papaya salad. (88 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

• 2019 Briceland Vineyards Gewürztraminer Ishi Pishi Ranch - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (4/16/2021)
    Excellent dry gewurztraminer. Do not overchill. Out of the refrigerator it was just good, but as it warmed, the aromatics blossomed. Strong Lychee taste on the palate. Nose was more subdued with a light floral component. Sugar fully vinified and no sweetness. Some other tropical fruit. A bit of pineapple. Back of the palate spice bitterness characteristic of the grape. Excellent Berserkerday value. (90 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes

Thanks again for having us, it was one of the true highlights of our trip! Just a great time with great wine in a beautiful place.

1 Like