Burger Vote

I like the name!

I absolutely agree. Under rated burger!

JD

How about White Rose?

Griddle fried burgers just don’t have it. There’s gotta be some flame on it, grill marks. In N out and MacDonalds are Soylent Yellow, soaking in their own grease. Of course MacDonalds has secret sauce (1000 Island Dressing, shhh!). Wendy’s is Soylent Orange. Square burger on a round bun.

Yup.

Burgers are the perfect food. If you include fries!!

+1
Fatburger?
alan

I went to Fairfield a few months ago and discovered there was a Five Guys there, so I had to try it. As many others have said in past burger threads, what’s up with the bun? It was disgusting, although the rest of the burger was good. It kind of ruined it for me, though.

That was exactly what I thought when we went a few years ago here in Westfield, NJ. Never went back, and here are two more, I believe, in the area now.

Frank, if you were to take the bun from White Rose and the burger and fries from Five Guys, that would be close to fast food perfection.

That being said, I have never had In n Out.

Did the person who voted for White Castle think that the poll was about laxatives instead of burgers?

I don’t live anywhere near an In N Out but when I find myself near one, I have a strong urge to stop in. I think they put some kind of addictive drug in the food. I am not compelled to visit any other fast food place in such a manner.

I’d like to hear from the person who voted for Burger King. That food is so bad (and I’m speaking in fast-food terms) I don’t know how they stay in business.

Portillos does have a surprisingly good burger. It’s not the best thing on their menu, however, so I almost never have one.

[worship.gif]

That the burger and fries are so good at Five Guys is close enough for me to “perfection” to go there, which I did last night for the first time in six months or more. (I don’t eat burgers that often…or even cheesesteaks, though not for any particular reason other than that my family almost never will go with me for either.) So, I went alone. I think I had glanced at this thread yesterday and was subliminally motivated by it. Five Guys fries are worth the effort alone…and …frankly…the bun is not that noteworthy there.

Like Mark, I’ve never been to In n Out; we don’t have them on this coast. But…I am somewhat surprised to read all the “overrated” comments on this thread from those who know it. I think of it in the same league as “Bryan’s” beef…never a discouraging word from those who post. Now I feel less deprived.

Thanks for the subliminal motivation anyway…it was pretty tasty.

5 Guys has the best burgers, but their fries are way overrated, IMO. However 5 guys may be “fast food” but it has to be a sit down burger- there is no such thing as eating a 5 guys burger in your car (hence no drive thru window I suppose). For Drive Thru, In N Out gets my vote.

I am shocked that Burger King, Wendy’s, McDonalds got any votes at all- would be curious if the geographies of these particular voters don’t lend any other options at all. That must be it. :wink: I would put Jack in the Box above those. The only thing I will eat at McDonalds is a breakfast burrito and that can be tough enough to swallow.

McDonalds, for me, has a nostalgic taste. So maybe that’s it? [scratch.gif]

The Egg McMuffins at Mickey D’s are okay. They used to be great hangover food.

Keep feeling deprived. Those people don’t know what they are talking about. [wow.gif] neener

Fergburger is hands down the best hamburger I have eaten.

Voted for Five Guys. In-N-Out is good but not as good IMO