Burgundy restos open on Monday night?

Arches or Madeleine for lunch

Any preference?

+1

hi folks - how is the quality of the cooking at the Levernois Bistro? sounds like the wine list is pretty good.

that’s where we went. it’s fantastic. and the list is indeed excellent, especially if you like coche dury.

Are you back already? Any other restaurant highlights?

i’ll post a little on the paris restaurant thread. we had 2 restaurant meals in burgundy, levernois bistro and le millisieme in chambolle. the food i think is a little better at Bistrot du Bord de l’Eau but the list at Le Millesime is a little better priced. i’d revisit both often.

Thread drift - rather than asking this in a new thread.

given a choice of appointment between Pavelot or Arnoux Lachoux, which one would you guys recommend?
I speak 0 french if that makes a difference?

Thanks!

argh…i had an appt at pavelot that i had to cancel last minute.

so, selfishly, go there…

Thanks. Planning trip now. I’ve been to le millisieme but not to the bistro so maybe I’ll put that higher on the list.

if it’s nice out, do lunch at Bistrot du Bord de l’Eau outside on the terrace. stunning.

Going in June. It better be nice!

Mark, looks like we just missed each other this past week. I was at Pavelot today. They were terribly nice(even after I goofed in the morning and went to the wrong place) even with me speaking maybe 10 words in French and Jean-Marc speaking little English. He even poured two older wines for me.

Keith, I think we woulda seen each other today. It was today that was the choice and I ended up going to Arnoux. I think I lucked out and met with a wine group from Singapore that clearly drinks a lot of Arnoux. They knew the importer into Singapore. Anyhow we barrel tasted some 2014s including the Echezeaux, had some 2013 from bottle (chaumes, suchot, latriciere chambertin), and a 09 romanee st vivant.
I wish I had more time for pavelot tho!

Back to burgundy restos open on a Monday night…

Aupres du Clocher which stole the three nights for us, best meal in burgundy by a decent margin. Coche mersault for €110, yes please. Foam of Epoisses with sweetbreads hidden at the bottom, great stuff. Great staff, wonderful wine list and excellent cooking.

Mark missed out!

[drinkers.gif]