California Vineyard Sold and Being Replanted with Weed?!?

i’ll take weedberserkers.com you can have weedbererkers

People can grow thier own vegetables too but how many actually do it?

Fat fingers and poor eyes
Can’t roll a joint either!

Fortunately, weed growing is becoming commercially legal and maybe some of the crimes associated with illegal grow/sales and the early dispensaries will go away too.

Shortly after we opened our new store and unbeknownst to us, an unlicensed and illegal pot dispensary opened it’s doors four blocks away and of course they didn’t have signage to let people know where they were. Close to closing time in our first summer, a guy walked in wearing a trench coat with his hands in the pockets. He stopped, looked around, they asked if we were the marijuana dispensary and that he needed to get some for his father who has cancer. I told him we weren’t and that there couldn’t be one because the City of Napa doesn’t allow them. He said he knew there was one, turned and walked out. The illegal dispensary was raided a week later and closed. The following week in comes rather unique looking characters who explained they provided “legally” grown marijuana for dispensaries and they thought we would be interested. When I said the City didn’t allow dispensaries they assured me the laws would change soon and I should get established now. They came back three more times trying to get us involved.

It is all about money, whether you earn it, make it or steal it. If and when it operates like liquor sales, it becomes more business as usual with less threat to the owners and patrons. A fair number of legal dispensaries in CA have better security than banks and airports.

If I can get $2,000 a pound for my tomatoes, I’m doing it!

Well, when you realize there are half a dozen fungal and pest issues that need regular and vigorous spray programs to deal with, and complex nutrient programs that need to be dead on, you quickly realize it’s not as easy as growing tomatoes. Talk to any grower about the miriad of issues they deal with and you’ll quickly realize it’s way easier to go buy it by the gram at your local dispensary. Very few people have the diligence and attention to pull it off.

After experiencing California’s general tax/regulatory environment (Labor laws, Environmental Health, Air Pollution Control Boards, Franchise Tax Board, Workers Comp, etc) for a year or two, many of these growers are probably going to wish they had remained underground.

This!

So…can someone send me some marijuana infused wine? Zin or some such? TIA.

Agreed. It will certainly limit the size and scope of growing operations. Like small wineries, many will stick to what they can do themselves on small plots that are exempt from larger regulatory agencies. At the end of the day it is just simple agriculture, just like growing wine grapes.

After experiencing California’s general tax/regulatory environment (Labor laws, Environmental Health, Air Pollution Control Boards, Franchise Tax Board, Workers Comp, etc) for a year or two, many of these growers are probably going to wish they had remained underground.

Absolutely.

As far as using it for medicinal reasons, I think it is ridiculous that it hasn’t been available for such purposes. But nobody can seriously argue that most of the users are using it for medical reasons.

Mostly though, smoke just isn’t good for a body. I have no problem with marijuana in theory, and may have been quite fond of it at one point, but I’m not going to go out and run five miles just to come in and fill my lungs with smoke.

Baked into cookies and brownies? That’s different.

Yes, that is why vaporizing is becoming more popular. There are also an incredible amount of edibles that are tested for THC and CBD levels so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. They have candies, lollipops, cookies, and even gummy bears these days. Go into any good dispensary and you’ll be amazed at how many options there are and how advanced the industry has become.

I hope not!

To the contrary. It’s on a slow but continuous down slope from the day it’s dried. Folks will do what they can to slow the degradation, e.g. freezing and vacuum sealing, but it only evolves in one direction.

Like Steve Martin said to the sommelier in LA Story, “give me the fresh stuff.”

Yes, that is why vaporizing is becoming more popular. There are also an incredible amount of edibles that are tested for THC and CBD levels so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. They have candies, lollipops, cookies, and even gummy bears these days. Go into any good dispensary and you’ll be amazed at how many options there are and how advanced the industry has become.

Clearly I’m out of touch. Of course vaporizing would be the way to go. Never even thought about it.

Gummy bears and lollipops are gross on their own, but I can see those working too.

Now I’m going to visit a dispensary!

LA Story or The Jerk?

Already done!

80 acres of farmland for $3.5mm!!!.. I wouldn’t worry about your favorite terroir being ripped up just yet.

John.

My wife has been growing legally in our back yard for 5 years now and she is far from a green thumb. Growing indoors is very different from growing outdoors, at least here in CO. She gets seedling clones from one of the dispensaries, grows inside for a month or two, then plants outside. Water and some over the counter fertilizer is all she does. The last two seasons she has only grown 3 plants as 6 was way too much. champagne.gif It was VERY easy.

It’s more than just farmland.

“Listed at $5,000,000 the property offers 90 acres, 87,000 square feet of production facility, the original estate home and guest quarters.”

Oh no! How will I replace all the Fetzer wines that I drink? I think I had one 35 years ago so I must be due to buy a second bottle in another 35 or 40. Or 50.