Cantemerle

Agreed on the '66. bought some at auction and it is just awesome. Only have one left.

I’ve had the 2016 a couple of times, decanted for 3 hrs. Was delicious.

I have a 10 and 2 15’s
Had a 09 and drank that a few years back.

You know what 2015 really drinking well even now

Chateau d’ Aiguilhe
WS gave it a 92

Really nice wine that be had now.

Now that you mention La Lagune… have you tasted 1994? (I can get it really cheap :grin: )

Had a case since EP. Allmost gone now.
If you like lean cats buy, otherwise give it a big pass.
Nothing to remember. Low 80ies scoring.
89 and 90 (like Cantemerle) are nice but the last bottles of my cases were declining. Enjoied my case of Cantemerle 96 a lot. One left, but i felt the last, a few years ago, was fading already. Good wine for the 10 up to 20 year range in good vintages. Have high hopes for 2010 (Mags), 2009 two years ago was still primary.

I bought some 09 because of the praise/value but I have not had any since the 2000 which I thought was too hard. I have not tried the 09 yet though as ct notes have not been enthusiastic.

Sorry. Can’t see Ct notes on 09 not been enthusiastic. Above 90 points average going up seems good to me. Bias maybe.

No. I don’t have much bias on something like this and I haven’t looked in the last month. Scores mean little, especially when the wine will never receive a bell curve beyond 88-91. If you look before December, nothing in the ct notes tell me it’s time to drink these as the verbiage suggests more time in the bottle would be helpful.

Be a man. Open a bottle.:wink:

Ha. It’s at my off-site specifically so I don’t.

When I first moved to Geneva back in 93, I picked up a case of 90 Cantemerle for the equivalent of $10/bottle…wish I still had a few of those.

On a side note, Bay area Costcos were blowing out double mags of 14 Citran for $60 champagne.gif

I also thought it was quite tasty, but my final bottle last year was not quite as good as others. I believe it’s at the tail-end of its plateau. Do you think otherwise?
Regards,
Peter

I haven’t had it in a few years. I’ll have to pull another bottle to try. If it’s declining, I would expect a long, slow fade, as older ones have been pretty good.

Look forward to your impressions. FWIW I’m trying to finish all my petite chateaux and lesser growths from 1996, but agree that we’re talking fade not cliffs for the good ones. YMMV.
Happy new year,
Peter