Carlisle Up 1/18

Thanks, but not really deserved. I actually wanted to look at the most recent pre-release letter again.

Prices?

No prices or allocation sizes are on the letter he found.

I got my first, “You didn’t make it yet” email on 1-9-2009.
I finally got an offer on the “second chance” this past summer release. The email that came said “The next point in which we should be able to move people from the waiting list to the mailing list is February 2013.”

I signed up on 1/6/09, and like Brian, was offered (and ordered) from the Summer 2011 “leftovers” of Cardiac Hill and Carlisle zin last year. I assume this means I have been moved onto the mailing list, as that was the language of the offer in the email (below). But I have received no email regarding today’s release, so we’ll see. Perhaps I would be in a subsequent wave, if that is in fact how Carlisle does things.

If you place an order, you will be moved to the mailing list and will receive future pre-release offers, i.e., discounted pricing! The tier you will be placed in will be based on the size of your order. If you do not place an order, you will retain your position on the waiting list. The next point in which we should be able to move people from the waiting list to the mailing list is February 2013.

Cheers,
Scott

This is like waiting for a pot of water to boil - when is this offer gonna drop??!! My credit card is locked and loaded and ready to fire!

Don’t worry Scott, I don’t know that anybody has gotten their email yet. I haven’t anyway. I suspect that as soon as they do, you’ll read about it here.

Doesn’t Mike always send it out at noon west coast time?

Yes, and he has a guaranteed allocation period, so there’s no need for any feeding frenzy like there has been for R-M in the past.

Joe and Scott, thanks for the helpful information. It sounds like I might have a shot to get bumped up a year from now, or maybe get some leftovers then or sooner.

I think this is the only winery waiting list I’m on.

Bud, although he indeed has a guaranteed allocation period, his release letter implies the earlier you order the higher likelyhood you have of getting wish list goods, which seems new.

Also, last release there was no guaranteed allocation period. When I queried him, Mike stated “For this round, unfortunately we weren’t able to guarantee bottles offered”. Don’t know if that implies they are coming back this release but he also stated “bottles offered are designed to last the whole pre-release”. So no worries, I would guess.

If anyone is in LA/OC, I’d be happy to share my allocation.

Offer is now live. Just wanted to be the first to mention it. [snort.gif]

Bruce

Order in – that was an easy $400.

Wishlisted some of the white, hope to get some. Wishlisted as many as humanly possible on the Sonoma Zin – no brainer there.

what kind of blend is the “white”?

Not sure. In my book, Mike gets the benefit of the doubt. The next bad Carlisle I have will be the first.

I’ve also left a few on the table and happy to share as well. My first pre-release email participation. Love these prices!

Drum roll please! Our first white wine! For years I said we would never make a “see-through” but when my good
friend Morgan Twain-Peterson offered fruit from this 56-year-old, organically farmed vineyard, there was no way I
could say no. Picked as a single lot, the field blend of Gewurztraminer, Trousseau gris, and Riesling (and who
knows what else!) was whole cluster pressed and fermented in a mix of stainless steel and older, neutral oak barrels
to fully capture the fragrance of the varieties. We did nothing to inhibit malolactic fermentation but none took place.