Cellarvu App. update

Hmm. I never use that query but just tried it twice on my iphone CT mobile: 12 seconds to execute over a otherwise speedy wifi connection.

Other queries seem snappy enough.

There are two big difference that I noticed that might account for some user-perceived latency.

First, on desktop the query is run for me on initial page load. The start of the query is run in parallel with other stuff happening on the page. On mobile I have to click a link, which means I experience the full wait time myself.

Second, you show many more results on mobile than on the desktop home page. Some mobile browsers might struggle with fifty results. Still seems simpler than the desktop page, so likely not the problem, but there’s more to latency than just query time.

Michael

Love the /m had completely forgotten about it.
I love to fondle my bottles but I don’t got to ct for that. Vinopal is kinda cool though.

It’s a great app, a really cool way to look through your cellar. Love it.

Love it. Just upgraded today.
Thanks,
WT

Next up is Android (Android users started to ask for a version three years ago [head-bang.gif] ).
Then I’ll redo the iPad app as a universal app that works on both iPhone and iPad (and appleTV [cheers.gif] )

/Joakim

The tasting note and editing functionality of the new version make it valuable. Before it was just a neat way to look at your wines, search and sort them but now you can add, remove bottles and enter notes. Much faster access to your wine than through CT on the iPad.

I’ve let slip using CellarVu lately, so need to start using the new features. Mostly just used for inventory and drink dates.

Thanks for bringing this app up…never knew about it, very cool!

Anyone else having a problem with the new app crashing as it’s trying to load? The old one worked fine for me. I’ve tried restarting my iPad and am not sure what else to do

Joakim is pushing an update: https://www.cellartracker.com/forum/fb.asp?m=314901

Joakim (and the vinopal app) is the real deal. Good stuff here - efforts much appreciated. [cheers.gif]

Almost identical experience in this household.

Thanks dude flirtysmile

Aaaand it’s out (version 2.1 that is)

Only caveat is that vinopal was “slapped” with a 17+ rating during the expedited review.

First I thought that I was the only wine reference app out there that make you feel a little dirty before you download it (you have to acknowledge that you are of age first), but when I peeked at some of the other wine apps out there it turned out that ratings are all over the board (4+, 12+ and 17+)…

/Joakim

Just noticed today an ad popping up for Spectrum Auctions when I open this app, do not recall ads in the past.

Looks like it’s new to the app. Given how useful the app is and that it’s free, I’m more than okay with a few ads. The guys should be able to make a few bucks off this.