Ceritas May Release

Fall release is coming up next Thursday. Wines on deck are:

2014 Porter-Bass Vineyard Chardonnay / Sonoma Coast

2014 “marena” Chardonnay / Sonoma Coast

2014 Hellenthal “Old Shop Block” Vineyard Pinot Noir / Sonoma Coast

Can someone remind me if “marena” is the chard equivalent of “costalina” ?

My notes on the 13 Marena say it is a blend of young vine Porter and Heintz. Not sure if that is the case for 14, but I’m sure they’ll have some description when the offer comes out.

Yes, it’s a blend from the various vineyard sites made for (somewhat) younger drinking. I tasted it at the winery last week and it was delicious. We also got to taste the 2014 Hellenthal and it was very good as well.

Anybody buying?

Porter Bass is one of my favorite domestic chards… will have to check my budget to see if i’ll buy any “marena”

Bought some Hellenthal. Have quite a bit of Ceritas Chardonnay on hand. Ceritas is the only producer I buy from the Sonoma Coast. Had the 2012 Elliot Pinot last night and was beautiful after an hour decant; 12.9 alc. and so much flavor!

Order in. Had to show some restraint knowing that I have other purchases coming around the corner…which could result in a budget buster (isn’t that always the case…or cases :wink:.

Ordered 3 Porter Bass and 3 Hellenthal. Uncorked a 2010 Escarpa Pinot a few weeks ago that was terrific…

Cheers,
JP

I’m trying to curtail my Cali purchases, so only jumped on 3 of the Porter Bass Chard and 3 of the Hellenthal Pinot. Quite happy to have a little Ceritas in my cellar.

The Ceritas whites are consistently amazing, reds just good IMHO. Regardless, I have no more room in my cellar. Kinda bummed about no more Ceritas. [shrug.gif]