Chandon de Briailles 2007 PV Ile des Vergelesses

Now that I have had these wines when they are mature, I can understand them better when they are young. In my experience, when young they have wonderful aromatics and the nose is much better than the palate, which can be a bit rough. But, with time the taste matches the nose.

I will restate what I said in my original post: “Still a bit primary and this may gain complexity with more time but I wonder if it will ever provide more absolute pleasure than it does right now.” In other words, I think it still need time to fully mature, but I don’t know whether what further maturation will make it taste better or just different.

Yes, I saw that in the original post, and it definitely accords with my perception from about a year ago. My question was motivated by the fact that I’ve opened a few bottles from CdB over the years (mostly or maybe all savigny, from 09 and 10), and feel like I’ve never really hit the sweet spot. Other posts in the thread counsel waiting for those, so I was curious whether the posters thought it applied to this one too.

I’ve,had similar experiences with other savigny producers (mainly bize), fwiw. Not really sure when to start poking at my small stash of bottles.

+1 +1

IME the 2007 Savigny Lavieres lived up to the vintage rep of drinking well early, and I went through my six pack pretty quickly, then dipped into the Ile-de-V. And put on the brakes, hard. May try another soon if there are more encouraging reports.

2005 Valozieres. Mentioned up thread by @pnitze. Delicious. Drank over two days. Dark cherry, spice, and an earthiness that become more pronounced on day two. Loved it.
2B14A18A-54C7-489A-AD8F-90204A4D8059.jpeg

1 Like