Chenin Blanc and "wet wool"

I’m a big fan of Gewurz, but don’t really care for the mishandled ones that display spicy, floral elements. It must be a flaw, than a natural expression of the wine’s high terpine levels…

:slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m unpersuaded as well.

Linalool - a specific flavor compound within the broader group of compounds called terpenes. Terpenes are responsible for the floral, fragrant aromas found in wines made from varieties such as Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Muscat and Chenin Blanc.

Does this help or hinder? [scratch.gif]

Marlene, I don’t have the background in the sciences to comment with any degree of expertise, but your point appeals to my sense of reason (hence my joking reference to Gewurz above).

Biases up front: I love lanolin; wet wool, not so much, in Chenin Blanc (the same way I love lamb, but maybe not mutton, except at Keen’s), also love Gewurtz, especially love Riesling, and Muscat can be fantastic.

So, my questions are: What does Linalool look like? Is she financially independent? And, would she consider dating a vertically-challenged, 55 year-old shaven-head (bald) very nice Jewish man should his wife divorce him or have a fatal disease and die?

Mark _ I can hook you up with some linalool…talk to me should you find yourself single. A small finders fee…