CHEV Wines - Michael Browne Pinot

I can’t find an abv anywhere. Anyone know?

Why not try six RRV, like I did. And.who the heck ever declared this to be declassified fruit? I really don’t think Michael would do that. I bought, as I have KB since the early days Cirq since its inaugural vintage, and now Chev. Order, what do you have to lose?

As far as I know its a single vineyard wine. Have no idea where this “declassified” claim comes from. It took a couple of years after Michael purchased the property to get it up to his specs, but its an older vineyard and now well tended to. Well, BETTER tended to, by Charlie Chenoweth.

We do same thing as well, our RRV bottling is same exact SINGLE vineyard, but we do not mention it on the bottle label due to NDA (in our case). Same fruit, same processing/fermentation/aging protocol as other barrels, its just up to winemaker’s preference to split barrels/clones into a set. Same exact thing Dehlinger has been doing for decades now. I don’t see anyone complain about “declassified” fruit from Dehlnger (and absolutely no reason to), not sure why all the hoopla about CHEV.

Buy, or don’t, but please do not make statements that do not make any sense.

Well, you have $500 to lose on wine you may not like . . .

That said, I bought a couple of bottles. I’ve really enjoyed his wines in the past. I don’t doubt these will be enjoyable too. Will they be great? Who knows. Will they justify the price? Again, who knows. But I’m not going to hate them and there’s the upside of finding something new to drink.

What is/are the vineyard(s)?

I figured nothing to loose and I’ve always enjoyed his wines. Also, if I want to repurchase next year this guarantees an allocation

I’m curious, what kind of allocations were people granted? Mine was 2 chard and 9 pinot. I thought for an inaugural release, it was a generous allocation.

I got offered 6 Pinot and I can wish for 2 chard.

Can’t help but think of one of the best action movie characters of all time, Chev Chelios. Let’s crank that abv and price and make another sequel.

THat’s what I received.

Until this year, I had purchased 2-4 bottles of Cirq since release.

Good to know. Your purchases are pretty similar to mine as I’ve purchased:
2013 - Treehouse (6), Bootlegger’s Hill (3)
2014 - Treehouse (2), Bootlegger’s Hill (2), Snake Oil (1)
2015 - Treehouse (2), Bootlegger’s Hill (4)
2016 - Treehouse (1), Bootlegger’s Hill (1)
2017 - Estate (2)

I purchased my allocation. We visited Michael at the new property the first weekend in November of last year, and had an amazing time. He is a great host, and totally enthusiastic about both his new property and guest house as well as the wines. We tasted a number of barrels for both Cirq and Chev, and he graciously gave us an unlabeled bottle of Chev to take to dinner that night. We really enjoyed it. Looking forward to tasting these with some age.

Reupping, as I just received the upcoming release email. Any further experiences with CHEV to share?

Interestingly they have expanded their sourcing to Oregon.

2019 Wines:
2019 CHEV Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
2019 CHEV Chardonnay, Russian River Valley
2019 CHEV Pinot Noir, Oregon

My chardonnay allocation remained consistent while the RRV pinot increased by one-third.

Anyone buying the current offer