Chicago 2016 Michelin star recipients announced

From a food and wine perspective Europe is light years ahead of us.

Their gas station food is better than many of our restaurants.

George

Our server called it Dangerville - meaning an angry city, I guess. But the wine was good as was the meal.

Where do you get that idea?

Kinda hard to explain this, but your comment struck me as funny and the “why do you hate America” is a meme.

Corey, now you’re going to have to explain to Wilfred what a meme is. :wink:

Just saw this. We were at the end of Oct. Meal was mostly very good indeed but a few misses along with the hits, dishes are still evolving. Unfortunately (for them, not us) was outshone by Oriole the next night which was stunning, absolutely consistent, terrific food and a more elevated experience (and bill!!).

I know Parachute got a star- and remember how much Corey enjoyed his meal there … :wink:

My experience with Parachute was terrible. The nicest thing I can say about the place is I think that the silverware was clean. Way too loud, cramped, poor/indifferent service (the server did a terrible job describing the dishes and did not know the wine list), small portions, overuse of salt, meh flavors, poor value, etc.

Did I mention that the silverware was clean?

In all seriousness, I can only imagine that the reviewer was relatively unacquainted with Korean food because nothing about the place is exceptional, let alone Michelin worthy.

I agree. I only went to Parachute once. As Corey said, really loud and cramped. Probably one of the least comfortable restaurants I have been in. I thought some of the dishes were really good some were just OK. No way is it star worthy. Same goes for Longman and Eagle and Dusek’s

I wouldn’t go back.

George