Chicago Area Offline - March 29, Steak & Vine

I wrote a piano song long ago which I called “Regrets and Confessions” Maybe I should send that to you Nick [grin.gif]

Sounds like you guys will have plenty of fun, sorry I wouldn’t be able to make a road trip to join, but will expect to see notes. Todd, will see you in a few weeks.

Ryan—should I add you to the “City by City” OL organizer thread? :slight_smile:

Would have def been up for this, but we will be in Spain! newhere

Wish I could make it. A bit far from the city for me!

Todd, knowing your love of Joseph Swan, and the fact its about half my cellar…we should find some time in the future do do a swan focused tasting!

Now you’re talkin’!

I’m down, I have some Swan Zins from the mid 1990’s.

I am interested. Wednesday night is the best option for me.

Todd,
Do you know the Chicago Bears fight song by any chance? If no, are you willing to learn it? And sing it…while standing up? I am trying to work a deal, here : )

Cheers,
JP

That will NEVER happen, as you know. Unless the ‘fight song’ is ‘DAAAAAAAAA Bearssss da Bearssss da Bearssss…’

…it was a stretch… ; )

I’m bringing something older than 20 years…one of these: (purchased from the UC Davis Curator’s cellar, on BerserkerDay)

1971 Torres Gran Coronas
1971 Foppiano Cab Sauv
1971 Krug Cab Sauv
1979 Martini Monte Rosso

Those old Krugs are a real treat. A few years ago, we tasted the 1974 Krug vs the 1974 Mondavi. Both were incredible.

Agreed. The oldest Krug Cab I’ve had was a '91 in mag that was great.

The oldest Krug of any kind I’ve had was a 1978 Zinfandel, which I had two years ago at Bern’s Steakhouse. It was surprisingly good, with a lot of nice fruit still showing. It was well worth the $29 on their list. [welldone.gif]

Nuts…will miss this as I will be out of town. As a new(er) Berserker, looking forward to joining my first offline. Will be watching for other events in the Chicago burbs…

Just updating myself here. In order to celebrate our second best week since opening, free corkage for this event. Unless you bring in a bottle of Yellow Tail. I also will not require the Todd to sing the praises of Jay Cutler on a live feed.

Thanks Nick! That’s great.

Awesome! Cheers to you, Nick. Thanks and I look forward to meeting everyone!

JP

looking forward to it.

Wait, who invited Nick???

[snort.gif]

I’ll be lurking in the shadows. Touching your meat.

:astonished: Awkward.