Cirq III Not on Deck??

I age my Pinot releases a year + after bottling before I let them go, but I while think the 2013’s were precocious (for a while), they have entered a bit of a dumb phase, so I’m sitting on a couple of them for a few extra months as well…

Just got email with allocation release on July 19. 25% price increase.

We’re looking forward to including you in the next
CIRQ release with a guaranteed allocation.

You’ll have front row seats for the next show:

July 19th till August 2nd, 2016
Offering by email for the third annual
2013 Treehouse Pinot Noir - $125 bottle
&
the inaugural release of
2013 Bootlegger’s Hill Pinot Noir - $125 bottle

Thanks for continuing to be part of the CIRQ family

Ouch!!!

Decisions, decisions. Really have liked the Treehouse and was looking forward to the Bootlegger’s. At $100 per it was a bit of a stretch. At $125 not so sure. But have 3 months to decide.

Somebody had some inside information!!! Have any stock tips?

Yes - Place money with JW Childs.

Blue horseshoe loves Anacott Steel

Lol. Thanks Gordon.
And don’t go running back to TRB and raise prices!!!

That’s one hell of a price jump… but I used to say that about Kosta Browne!!!

Gotta sell at a premium to the SVDs.

Pretty interesting price jump after only 2 releases (correct me if I’m wrong) after already debuting at $100 per bottle. I have enjoyed KB wines over years but this is too rich for my blood. Good luck Mr. Browne with this endeavor, I will surely hope to try some down the line if I can. Cheers!

All the best to the Cirq team…but this is an easy pass for me at $125.

I may have to open another vintage before I make a decision.

Has anyone had the 2012 Cirq Treehouse lately? The last time I had it was at the pick up party a year ago; it was a little shut down then. TN from March 2015 is below:

Nose was somewhat muted, with unique mineral, wet slate and berry aromas. On the palate, a cool inward profile of purple and red fruit; plum, black cherry, dark red cherry, and blueberry. Earth and wet stone notes cloak the fruit a bit. More of a low-toned pinot profile (no high-pitched bing cherry or strawberry flavors here). Chalky tannins and a tight minerality take the lead over the fruit at this stage, almost like a tight cool-climate Syrah in need of extended cellaring. It hints at having more to offer in the future, but it is difficult to assess at this point for me. Hopefully time will fatten it out a little bit more and allow the fruit to stretch out. 93+ at this stage.

I dropped KB because their prices (up) and quality (down) were becoming way too inverse for me. I’ve been holding on to Cirq in hopes it will become something special. So far, there are other Pinots at half the $125 that show much more interest to me. I know Cirq can justify the prices because they have to schlep water to the vineyard using a Sherpa and they have to buy some special cliff-crawling tractor with eagle talons to tend to the vineyard (or something like that), but in the end, the wine has to be downright amazing (in my opinion). I know everyone has different tastes, and ultimately I will likely go in on the 2013, but I’m not a fan of any company who jacks up prices just because they can… …especially one that hasn’t, at the very least, stood the test of time with its product yet.

…and, end scene… stepping off my podium… [soap.gif]

My most recent personal favorite CA Pinots:
2012 Wren Hop Daughters of Earth Pinot Noir
2013 Bevan 2114 Pinot Noir
2012 Rivers-Marie Silver Eagle Pinot Noir

I had the 2011, and I have 1 left. Letting it sit. I have 2 of the 2012, and I may open one of them before the offer comes out.

Opened a 2012 the other evening after the offer came out. This is definitely a Pinot that will benefit from a few years of bottle age. It was very good, but clearly a wine that will get better with time.

I guess the question is, “Will it be $100+ good in a few years?”

I’m a buyer from the beginning, and have really liked them, but do need to keep in mind that the Bootleggers has not had its first release yet. The $125 is steep, and will tie with another wine for the most I ever spent, but feel like I need to see the allocation before I make a decision. And as we have heard, 2014 will supposedly be better than 2013.

So I cracked the cork on a 2012 Treehouse the other day. Here is the TN:

"Much more elevated and complex compared to tasting this a year ago. After about two hours in the decanter, this was pumping out very enthralling flavors of red and purple berry fruit, deep black cherry, black raspberry, red and purple plum, wild blueberry, and wonderful underbrush and evergreen notes that beuatifully cut the core fruit. Also, bits of cedar, wet slate, earth, and cola (like a cross between RC cola and Boylan black cherry soda). The slightest touch of caraway seed as well.

A unique and special wine. Actually a wine I was a little reluctant to like, as I was almost hoping this would fall short and convince me not to go for my 2013 allocation coming up soon. However, this wine did not disappoint, and now my wallet is going to be a little mad at me this summer! The 2013 is going to be offered at $125 a pop. Almost insulting really, but I’ll likely bite after having this 2012. Grrrrrr. :angry:

It is indeed one of the most unique Pinots I have tried recently. Nothing like a KB Pinot (thankfully), as the Cirq is in a class way above any KB Pinot. Recommended for sure.

95+ points. I will try to wait 6-12 months until the next round. If opening now, I recommend decanting for a few hours."

Thanks for the note Chris, I really wanted to take my allocation offer but man that’s some serious dollars for my budget. Glad you enjoyed. I have one bottle left and will take your advice with decanting for several hours before consuming!