Cleveland tips?

Al, I’m not sure a lot has changed (except for the Sawyer closings). Ohio city is booming though and there is enough there alone to keep you busy for a few days. Plenty of breweries with relatively bad beer (but still fun) popping up monthy. A couple places that are new to look into (lunch type) are Larder and Ohio City Galley is like an incubator for restaurants and can be interesting (depending on what’s currently there)for a pop in.

You’ll want to hang out on 4th street before the Tribe game I’d think, although a patio on the east bank of the flats would be fun if the sun is out.

Happy to discuss more as you get it dialed In a bit and let us know what your looking for.

definitely give the larder a try. it has been hailed from both daniel boulud and thomas keller as the best deli in america. the fried chicken sandwich is not to be missed.

Thanks. Looks excellent, and a short walk from where we are staying.

Thanks. Very helpful. Yeah, I think we’ll probably try to find one “nice” dinner place, or maybe there’s no need. Larder and Ohio City Galley look great.

One ‘nice’ place I would recommend is the Marble Room. It is pricey, but really enjoy the food and the atmosphere is great. I believe this is also an old bank building that’s been renovated. My wife an I are actually planning a dinner there next month.

If you’re a steak lover check out Urban Farmer which sources most ingredients within a 50-100 mile radius I believe.

Marble room is beautiful - yes, old bank and they have a private dining space in one of the old vaults I think. Due to the amount of stone and high ceilings it’s a bit chilly in there.

Curious as to the back story here (I’m not the type to ask direct). I saw it on their insta but why were these guys here? Any idea…

they were probably visiting chef’s garden, https://www.chefs-garden.com/

Cool, I didn’t know the farm was that next level!

Flying Fig- can’t go wrong for dinner. Located in Ohio City across from Great Lakes Brewery.
Breweries- Masthead and Noble Beast are both making great beer. Either would be a fun stop before the Rock Hall or Indians.

Good thought on the breweries as I agree they are the best beer around. If you want neipa then Masthead is the only place making it proper here. I like to stop in NobleBeast for interesting samplers and a good bar bite (after picking up cans at MastHead) as They are within easy walking distance.

I will be in the Middleburg Heights/Burea area Friday night. Any recommendations for a small family restaurant. It can be cheap or expensive, just looking for something unique to the area. I may have time to grab lunch on the way to the airport the next day so I would love ideas for that as well. Thanks for the help.

Fat Heads is the only thing I can think of in that area. It’s an awesome brewery with great bar food.

1 Like

That’s a tough area for recommendations for dining, but some of the places I would
Find interesting if I was stuck there :slight_smile: ….

Fat Heads is good and the smoked wings are excellent.
Brew Kettle is decent too and would have a more diverse guest beer menu. (That’s typically very current online)

Das Schnitzel Haus is kind of an institution for the area, I haven’t been in a long time. But the European food should be decent.

Old Brooklyn Cheese company for just what it sounds. They have Sandwiches that might be good for lunch.

Barabicu is getting buzz for the bbq, really no place to eat it though. They have a couple of plastic picnic type tables in a room I think. I’ve only gotten takeout.

Perla perogies if you have a way to heat them up in your hotel :slight_smile:

If you have the time I’d make the effort to go to Larder for lunch, but they don’t open until noon.

It’s not my side of town so hopefully others will chime in, but those are the places I hit, even if they aren’t destinations.

1 Like

Tinkers Creek Road Tavern isn’t too far from there. They usually have clam bakes that are good. It is next to the canal tow path in Cuyahoga Valley National Park and has a great patio right on a creek.

Thanks boys and girls!!!

Mike’s in downtown Berea has good burgers. We just went to Bistro on the Falls last Friday-new restaurant in Olmsted Falls that recently opened. Food was great but pricey meal.

1 Like