Coche Corton at 200 euros

You could buy it all and recoup the cost by selling 6-7 bottles. The remaining wine would be worth 450k. Even if you sold for 75% of market (assuming 4K) you could make 336k. Call it 300 and that’s still pretty good $.

This.

Some people wouldn’t want the hassle. 300k?! Who needs that?

Buy it and drink it. If I did get tired of it…I’d sell some off or trade it for other wines.

I always threaten to sell wines off, but the PIA of doing it is never worth it, sheerly for time.

lol, wow, surprised how few of you voted on the buy all and sell to friends at cost route… Ya’ll some greedy bastards/flippers.

Particularly since those same people routinely share their stock options with friends [wow.gif]

If I happened upon such a trove, you better believe the whole squad would be drinking in style till it ran dry. It’s tough to buy that type of street cred and what are we without street cred?

Why would a rural wine shop in France be shipping their wine to the US: “another 20 for delivery to the US”? I’m confused by that part.

I doubt most people would have even heard of this wine. Street credit? Buy a pair of $200 Nike sneakers :wink:

OP never said wine shop was shipping, just to figure $20/per for shipping, which is about right for 3rd party service than will pick up, ship, and expedite.

I would try to buy all and sell a decent chunk - mainly because 10 cases of the same wine is an awful lot for personal consumption, and selling half or more for market price would finance a lot of other things I would love to do.

Capitalist! Come the revolution, you’ll be first before the firing line! Together with all wine retailers. Making money from wine you didn’t make with your bare hands is a crime! :wink:

I’ll change my answer. For $300k I’d be willing to deal with the hassle of buying and selling. Looks like I’m just as much a wine-flipping whore as the rest of you. flirtysmile

Now I know my price. [cheers.gif]

That is why I made such an extreme example, although I miscalculated and thought Coche was still selling for $1500. You naysayers needed to be tempted, although I have to say, 30% were not really tempted by the opportunity. That is about 29% more than I thought.

For me it’s rather obvious,I’d buy all (credit cards) and drink some but sell most.

The answers here are quite interesting, but not surprising. Most of those who wouldn’t sell show a combination of the endowment effect and mental budgeting, but I don’t understand those who seems morally opposed to buying and selling wine. Is it perhaps a feeling that it’s unfair? If so, to whom?

+1

Finally, some sense! Good work Mark and co.

I’d be interested in some comments from the other camp (so to speak.)