Common Abbreviations on the Board.

TSSIA = the subject says it all

I thought it meant Wine Woman of the Week. flirtysmile

DNPIM = Do Not Put In Mouth

Hey Admins! Sticky this.

Also: WINE SPECIFIC:

WOTN = Wine of the Night
WOTY = Wine of the Year

I just came back to this, I forgot how extensive this list got. Keep em coming, guys!

Along with these…

WOTF = Wine of the Flight

How could AFE (Anti Flavor Elite = folks who like WINE, not fruit juice) not have been mentioned already?

That would be AFWE (Anti Flavor Wine Elite).

This being said, I wonder how (why?) RP/RMP didn’t make it to the list, it must be the most use acronym on this board. For newcomers, it could be worthwhile adding the main critic’s name after the publication, e.g. TWA (Parker), BH (Meadows), IWC (Tanzer), CT (Sleepy) and so on, since they can be referred to both ways.

Hehe - just to keep you employed…

Internet Lingo:

EFA - Edited for accuracy
<3 - Love (took me ages to figure this one out, duh…).

French Wines:

TVV - Tres Vieilles Vignes
CdG - Clos des Goisses
Moose - Musigny

SC - Screw cap

I’ve never understood the use of “TWA” for the Wine Advocate. It should be “WA”. “The” should not be part of its name. We say the United States of America, but we don’t abbreviate it “TUSA”.

So, does that mean POTUS is wrong too?? [wow.gif] [cheers.gif]

Yes. But the people who use that carry guns, so we have to agree with them.

I see WA more than often than TWA, actually. But I still see clearly through your attempt to undermine the influence of The Wine Advocate.

An commonly seen in reference to this wine.

And I see clearly through your attempt to undermine the influence of The United States of America, you smelly cheese eater!!!

[snort.gif]

Just read a CT tasting note with PnVnD. Can someone help me decipher?

Context?

I am going to guess “Popped and Vinturied” (from PnP – popped and poured) – but it’s just a guess…

It was on a 2006 Bodegas Los Astrales Ribera del Duero Christina and started PnVnD let air for 6hrs.

Popped & Venturied & Decanted sounds like a good candidate.