Complete this Sentence: "Watching the new Star Wars Trailer is like drinking...."

When Harrison’s voice came on I was reduced to an emotional six year old again…

Star Wars does irrational things to me!

Definitely SQN. We’re allowed to love it, even if it doesn’t meet the traditional criteria of a great movie. Plus Levenberg has already compared it to Pepsi.

I am already trying to pre-book tickets for Christmas!

(And yes, the last few seconds were great, but so were the first. That X-Wing was cool, but the crashed Star Destroyer was awesome! A brief visual representation of both sides’ losses in the war, I’d guess.)

The 2013 SQN “Nail through the eye of the guy waving a neon tube at you”. It’s one of the new estate ones…

Like California Cabernet…I liked it a lot when I first started getting into wine (or movies) but each time I go back and have faith that I’ll like it again…I get let down.

Just watched the trailer.
Not positive or negative, but somewhat cautious of it being anything great.

Reading this thread is like having…

Old guys tell you to get off their lawn.

I’m excited. George Lucas didn’t write the screenplay, so that’s one positive it has going for it.

I told my wife that I was going to have to watch the first 2 movies again, and she reminded me that we no longer have a VCR. I still have the unedited/reissued first 3 on tape.

Where can I score some of that? I have a rabbit/bunny problem this spring and mine is no longer getting it done [snort.gif]

A 10 year old Napa Chardonnay. . . I am interested in trying it, but will not under any circumstances expect greatness or get my hopes too high. It may pleasantly surprise, but the odds are stacked against it.

They went back to a more traditional model-based, non-CGI effects strategy on this one. If the story lines are decent these should be solid films- doubt they will come close to the magic of the first three though. Lucas wasn’t allowed to write the script so they dialogue should be better as well. :slight_smile:

edit- just saw adam’s post. Completely agree. champagne.gif

… RED BULL !

Heinz Ketchup

I guess maybe I was the only Berserker who reacted like Matthew Mcconaughey:

I am ten years old again!

from a bottle of 1982 Lafite, but discovering it is filled with Yellow Tail.

I am still scarred from the abomination known as the Phantom Menace.

This 100%. Add in the fact that the jack wagon edited the classic cantina scene to have Greedo fire first and you can feel all of my disdain.

Barrel Sample, hard to say.

Some points people may be forgetting:

1. Those former atrocities were perpetrated by the very man who created the (wonderful) originals, and from whom the franchise has now been wrested away.
  2. Old Han Solo doesn’t really do anything for me. Has anyone seen the last Indiana Jones movie? That was horrifically bad.
  3. It is Disney but it is also Abrams, and he’s pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. He does have a touch of camp, and isn’t really that at home in the darker side of the emotional range, but he can fake it pretty well. Star Trek Into Darkness would be a good example.
  4. I’m reserving judgment. The thing that this franchise has been missing has been an edge. In the first two movies particularly Han Solo and a general darkness to the plot kept some edge in the movies and made them great. The extremely rare instance of a sequel better than the original. By the third installment it was gone, and by episodes 1-III the entire thing was a sad farce. I’m hard pressed to think of a worse plot than that advanced in those films. Anything will be an improvement on those, or at least I hope.

Watching the new Star Wars Trailer is like drinking…WINE THAT WAS SHIPPED ON A TUESDAY AND SAT IN A WAREHOUSE OVER THE WEEKEND…

Y’all are too jaded. JJ Abrams will correct the mistakes of the past. This is going to be the best movie ever!

No kidding. This crowd probably thinks Lars Von Trier’s work is too sentimental. [tease.gif]

A potentially great wine immediately after it is bottled…