Congratulations to William Kelley (Newly appointed Chief Editor, Wine Advocate)

Congratulations on being named as Editor-in-Chief of Wine Advocate. Well-deserved!

19 Likes

Congratulations and well deserved, as you are the sole reason many of us subscribe. We hope that implementation of Cellar Tracker integration is included in your first three month plan. Wishing you all the best in your new role.

6 Likes

Congratulations William.

Yes, kudos, congratualtions, and well deserved!!

Maybe now we can get WA reviews linked to CellarTracker?
(Yes, it only took three posts before that came up…! :rofl:)

1 Like

The first response, actually.

In any event, I would put as a much higher priority fixing the publishing software so that you can actually sort and read the fucking articles. With the new software, Wine Advocate is by far the worse to read of the large publications.

3 Likes

I’m glad it isn’t just me. The new site is a huge step back from the previous version. If that is possible.

1 Like

Congrats William!

(Leave it to Berserkers to manage to turn a congratulatory thread into complaints and demands in a record 5 posts.)

14 Likes

Congratulations, William!

Looks like they’ve also shifted the Rhône from our old friend Joe Cz to Yohan. More fishing time and less flying time for Joe, hopefully, and looking forward to see how Yohan’s palate aligns with mine on the region.

Congratulations William, well deserved!

1 Like

Congrats William! Good news to wake up to!

Tom

Congratulations indeed!

Congrats William. Cheers to your boundless energy, pursuit of knowledge, genuine advocacy for the improvement of the craft from soil and vine to bottle and trade based on experiential- and science-based reasoning, for resetting the bar for wine criticism, and most of all, to your generosity in sharing your knowledge with Wine Berserkers!

2 Likes

Excellent!

:heart_eyes:

Really happy for William, and for TWA subscribers.

Congratulations, William, although to be candid, I already thought you were the editor-in-chief! Cheers to you!

6 Likes

Congratulations William and yes, agree with Robert, me too thought you that burden already, hope the guys will treat you well in your new role and you do well.

This is great news, not just for you but for all of us wine nerds as well. I hope you get the chance at least once to pick up your phone and yell "Stop the presses!’
(Which could refer to either publication or someone’s winemaking. Your call.)

1 Like

What’s Joe Czerwinski’s role going forward?

1 Like

Maybe we can tag @William_Kelley somewhere in case he breezes by without noticing… :sweat_smile: