Covid-19 everyday drinker master thread

Yesterday was on a Zoom call with my wine group and opened a 2014 Ramonet CM Clos Saint Jean. Still young, but a really beautiful wine. Nose was almost Truchot-like. Love these wines.

This is not a time to hold back; when I want a bottle now, it is going to be something special. Who knows…?

House whites are Champagne, and I am drinking Louis Roederer NV, Piper Rare 2002 and some Taittinger Comtes, the Rose and the BDB.

A week ago I got out of storage wines I really love. Tonight I am opening my first bottle of Canon 1982. On the chopping block, Tremblay, more Togni and Magdelaine.

And some Port, Fonseca 1970.

Guys, this is a miserable time for most of us. We owe it to ourselves to have fun!

I’ve been drinking lower level Goodfellow, Walter Scott, and Cameron Chardonnays, sprinkled in with occasional bottles of their top end wines, along with Brick House, Martin Woods, Vincent, and Eyrie Chards as well. I used to drink a lot of White Burgundy (mainly some the “lesser” villages, Chalonnaise, Macon, and Bougogne Blanc), but it’s hard to justify given the price differences for similar or better quality.

Yesterday had an Arlaud 2015 Bourgogne Roncevie. It was a nice bourgogne. Good richness. Started out a bit rough but smoothed out some with time in the glass.

Tonight I had a 2014 Château de Fosse-Seche Saumur Arcane made from Chenin Blanc. Very disappointing. I liked this wine a good bit when it was younger but tonight it was on the verge of premox. Not happy.