"Cult Cabernet" Wine Offering

This is the new best thread ever

Love that ad! At the other end from the ‘cult’ wines there are ‘stealth’ wines; wine inventory that’s hiding its true origin and being sold under another label, probably because of oversupplies. But, I just tried my first bottle of Cameron Hughes’ offerings, Lot 104 (a cabernet sauvignon with a Chalk Hill appellation). It was really excellent and my friend who brought it to the party will not spend a lot on wine. Probably spent $20 on it - it was better than some $50 cabs (retail) I’ve had. I am going to seek out more of the Hughes ‘stealths’.

Look at the lame asses wear White! Who do they think they are? [smileyvault-ban.gif]

The girl on the left is my ex… [shock.gif]

Obviously he is the Cult Chef…Chef BoyAmIHungry…unless he wears that kinda thing for fun?

Well it’s obvious these people are not going to get any love, they’ve gone about it all wrong.

Our consulting winemakers are “Helen Turley and Michael Rolland”
Our vineyard manager is “David Abreu”
We fell in love with Napa in :“200x”
And bought our estate in “200x+1” with money we made in the success of our company: “bubble economy company name here”
We spared no expense in building our winery as you can see from our “gross display of wealth” as you enter the estate.
Robert Parker’s flunky “insert funky name here” gave us 101-104+ points in a barrel tasting after flying him out on our private jet filled with coke and hookers.
Our release price is , $150, no $250, no $400, no $500 wait $800 a bottle.
The bottle is hand etched with a “gross display of art” and comes in a custom wood box. The bottle weighs as much as an American child, not some skinny kid from the third world.
If you send us your money now we may select you to get a bottle, in the mean time you can purchase our second wine for just $75, no $150, no $225 a bottle.

That’s the formula, then you get the love.

Looks like Salvestrin is behind this brand:

On Tuesday, August 18, 2009, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for SAGA WINES. This trademark is owned by Salvestrin Wine Co., LLC, 397 Main Street, St. Helena, CA 94574. Trademarkia.com is a free search engine of publicly available government records. Trademarkia.com is not a law firm and does not represent owners & correspondents listed on this page.

another twist …I just checked TTB colas online and I found the Cult related to Beau Vigne but nothing else that is "Cult"related has been approved by the TTB. Neither brand name nor fanciful name.

I did find Saga Wine bonded to Sevestrin, but nothing related to CULT and Silvestrin or SAGA on TTB. hmmmmmm [stirthepothal.gif]

mine too! [cheers.gif]

So, you are saying that I should not have ordered those two cases without knowing what vintage I was buying?

Dave is right.

OMB No. 1513-0020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whitehall lane is mentioned in the email address too.

TTB Online - COLAs Online - Application Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did find Saga Wine bonded to Sevestrin, but nothing related to CULT and Silvestrin or SAGA on TTB.

So you’re saying that this ISN"T Fred Franzia going high-end on us?

[cheers.gif]

Oh, this is a fun tool for tracking down who owns various second labels . . . . now I can find out who’s trying to discretely dump wine under a pseudonym!

Did you respond to the email within 4 minutes? If not, you are probably too late to get on the list anyway. Wait, wrong thread. Damn.

Sorry to inform you, but Ken V. hit those 3 about 2 hours ago.

Yeah…with a nice piece of sugar maple from Mizuno.

Very nice description of the wine.

I wonder if free sunglasses come with the shipment?

No vintage, no matter, it’s a cult wine for $25! Bill, you are so lucky to have gotten invited to purchase this hard-to-get mystery wine.

Some of those Pics say Gilbert, AZ. Thats where I live. My god we have Cult Followers out here. I better be careful walking the streets.

In all seriousness, it appears to be a Bulk wine, private label deal. I give them credit for the attempt, and the price.
A bit corny.

I know, I went through all of the AZ pics wondering if I was going to find some of the crew. Glad I didn’t.