Dinner in Oakland

if you want go top end, then Commis (2 Michelin stars) is the obvioius choice. I’ll see if I can get a pic of Wood Tavern’s wine list and post it for you. The Wolf is WT’s sister restaurant, and their wine list is posted. One of our faves is Duende (their wine list is heavily spanish and cali) and that same chef has a new french provencial place, Occitane which we have not yet tried.

1 Like

Bump. Heading out for a wedding in early June and staying at the Berkeley City Club. Any updates of things unique to Oakland?

Soba Ichi, Horn BBQ, Tacos Ultimo Baile (ask for a vampiro), and Cellarmaker if into beer would be my current recs.

1 Like

Thanks!

Stop by Ok’s for a sandwich. Joodooboo’s tofu and ban chan elevate Korean food to a new level. Day Trip and Snail Bar are good for creative bites, with Day Trip leaning on fermented foods and Snail Bar geared towards seafood. Pomet’s crispy duck and quail are some of my favorite dishes ever. Kao Kao in Berkeley has a limited menu but if you like Chinese char sui, you’ll want to make a stop for lunch. Check out their affordable breakfast sandwich while you’re at it. For wonderful thin-crust pizzas, make a reservation at Rose’s in Berkeley for the heated patio.

I heartily agree with the Soba Ichi recommendation.

1 Like