Dirty and Rowdy Winter Release

Cracked the 2019 Familiar Orange in anticipation of this release. Excited for all the wines being released, but after the Familiar Orange, I’m especially excited to try the Brosseau Vineyard Orange

Resistance is futile.

Thanks to everyone for the very kind words and all the pre-release orders.

David- [worship.gif] [worship.gif] Thank you.

The Winter Release officially goes live tomorrow.

If you are new to the wines, you can expect them to be lively and a pleasure to drink while being terroir driven wines. They are often visibly unfiltered (the skin fermented whites and orange wines are always cloudy and usually have solids floating about).

The`19 Enz Old Vine Mourvèdre is savory / dark (earthy dark vs. super ripe dark) and yet ethereal. A winemaker friend recently said it reminded him of Pacalet’s Cornas with Mourvèdre tones. That sounds good to me.

If the '19 Enz is like a gong that vibrates wonderfully deep in your belly, the '19 MSG is an orchestra triangle hit at the right time that just goes on and on. Though vibrating at different frequencies , both are in it to win it.

The '19 Brosseau Orange is 100% Chenin grown on limestone, volcanic, and granitic soils. For those that have had the Familiar Orange, it is deeper, more exquisitely textured, and though still wonderfully approachable, a far more serious wine. (This is as cloudy as a hazy IPA)

The '19 Old Vine Barbera is like a lightning strike in a rose garden. Floral, juicy, mouthwatering, light. It is the lightest and highest acid (Chablis like?) of all the wines. If you enjoyed the '19 Zin, this is right up your alley and has just a little more body than the zin. My father in-law and I meant to have a glass each this weekend and the bottle evaporated before our eyes.

Kate Jenn, and I will be on email all day tomorrow and will be checking WB periodically over the weekend. If you have any questions, the best way to reach us is via email at info@dirtyandrowdy.com

Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to see friends both new and old tomorrow.

1 Like

Glad to wake up early and have my order in, though missing this post and reading the Barbera description makes me want to max that purchase out as well - logging back in…

Thank you for putting your heart and soul into making such wonderful wines.

First time buyer here.

I’m playing golf later this morning and was concerned about having to order via my phone between shots. Problem solved w the early morning release of the email!

Thanks Hardy!

I really dont have room for another case, but still… In for a mixed case! [cheers.gif]

Order in:
3 Orange
2 Mourvèdre
2 Barbera
Wish listed more Clothing Optional White

2 Enz, 2 MSG and 2 Barbera

1 MSG
1 Barbera

I have only had only 2 D&R wines so far.
There wasn’t much thinking just an automatic pressing of the keys.
Probably should have bought more but at least I will be experiencing it.

Every winemaker:

“Supple red fruit, with hints of lingonberry and dried bay leaf.”

Dirty and Rowdy:

“Like having a Wookie for a co-pilot, and what lasers would taste like if they were made of love.”

In for at least half a case.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the awesome response this AM. So great to see so many of you!

We’ve got a lot of new signups coming in from the board and word of mouth. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to Kate, Jenn, and I at info@dirtyandrowdy.com.

There have been some questions with ship dates. Whether you are E. or W. coast, you can ship either date. If you’d like to ship after 3/8, that can be arranged. (all shipping is weather permitting).

JonD- Thanks for catching that Barbera note! It is fitting for that wine!

I am pumped to try the Barbera! I hadn’t considered it before but it seems like an ideal grape for the D&R style.

Glad to have seen this thread!! Ordered this morning!

Over this past summer I invited a new friend who enjoys wine to our regular wine club. Next time seeing him I asked if he wanted to come to the next gathering, he said “no, not really my crowd.” I was surprised and a bit disappointed, he would have been a fun addition to the group. Inquired as to what he really meant- he said, “A bit stuffy, at no point did I ever feel as if someone might take their clothes off.” We resolved to start a new wine group!
Long story short- been wondering what to serve when I host in May, but now the goods are on the way!!

Hardy…your descriptions are part poetry, part music, and all-in pure passion. How can anyone read your descriptions without buying? Glad to see so many new folks taking the plunge, though worried about the size of my future allocations.

In for a 6-pack this time that includes all wines. Thanks to the whole D&R team!

Hadn’t ordered from D&R in quite awhile but love the wines - in for a mixed case! These four wines sound truly special!

Done!

Greetings All!

Though the Winter Release ends on Friday, we just sold out of 2019 Brosseau Vineyard Orange Wine and the others are getting close.

Also- We put together a new mixed case option that takes includes the 3 2019 Familiar Mourvèdre with the 3 remaining Winter Wines.

Thanks again for the incredible support!

Must have been that CBS Morning show episode!!

1 Like

That didn’t hurt! [cheers.gif]