Does anyone drink Sauvignon Blanc anymore?

Yes, all the time.

Excellent Entre-Deux-Mers and Bordeaux Blanc at ridiculously low prices.

Key to enjoyment: the younger the better.

Alex R.

Nope. No SB here. Cannot stand the stuff.

You can count me as another Dagueneau fan. Yes, Silex is expensive, but all of his other available bottlings cost less, and to me, some can be as good or even better.

I buy a 6 pack of Merry Edwards every spring. Then I probably drink a NZ SB twice a month in the summer - they are great on a hot day.

I have 2 of their old vines SB, but haven’t ever tried one.

Surprised no one has mentioned the many beautiful and rich Sauvignon Blancs that come out of Austria.

I agree with Alex R, on white Bordeaux and some others about Sancerre Chavignol and Bué. Also like SB from Rueda and NE Italy, like Collio.

look for Alice and Olivier De Moor’s St Bris.
In a class by itself and about 1/2 of the Vatan Clos De Neore in price

I agree and drink it often in France, but I’ve never seen it for sale in the US. Am I looking in the wrong places?

I’ve been drinking it more recently. In fact, the more I drink it, the more I’m starting to think it may be my favorite or second-favorite (and equally terroir-transparent) white variety.

It is imported by Louis Dressner comes in and disappears muy rapido by the AFWE.
the 12 is not here yet.

Guess I’ll have to be more diligent and timely in tracking the Sauv Blanc at the places that sell De Moor’s other wines. Thanks.

Remind me next time to pull a Gamble PNV next time, amazing stuff.

Sancerre, summer, and BBQ fish. Awesome.

I like it enough to have added one to my lineup. It sold quite well at a dinner in Charlotte last year, so I guess people do still drink it.

Well, I guess the answer to the question posed is clearly no.

Yes-old and new world as it’s my wife’s favorite grape. We had an excellent NZ SB-St. Claire in Curacao. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear to be available in the US.

Merry Edwards, Quivet, Bedrock and sometimes Cliff Lede - love them chilled on a hot summer day. Don’t really care for more grassy types though.

+1

I love balanced SB that is not too feral or overly ripe. I really want to try some of the Austrians mentioned here recently, but access to them in TX sucks.

Sancerre, White Bdx, HL Two Dogs, etc. all welcome in my home.