Does Anyone Else Eat Everything?

I pass on bugs and organ meats, plus anything really weird/old and stinky !

Nothing like a good bowl of borscht!

I don’t think that counts. :slight_smile: Really meant this to be about things we encounter regularly rather than about odd challenge foods from far flung places.

As it happens, I had fried spiders in Cambodia, but they were not huge, and it was not a huge platter. They tasted like generic crunchy food to me.

Also only in Japan.

Maybe try them in Japan?

I have and enjoy them. Just won’t make them at home

Just a joke, really, coming from my husband’s weirdness on the subject. :slight_smile:

This is hilarious in the context of the thread! Some very ordinary, common foods in there, Tim: mayo, peas, cooked tuna. I’d say your answer should be, “No, I don’t eat ‘everything.’” neener

Are you characterizing statures in Japan?

Lima Beans, the texture makes me gag.

In the context of this topic, I am relatively fussy though adventurous compared to many but … the brains comment reminded me - when my daughter went to work for Chef Thai Dang at Embeya, I went with friends to have dinner. It was the first time I had been to a restaurant where she cooked and Chef had her bring out many dishes she prepared that would show off what she had learned. The first was sweetbreads. I was a bit … uncomfortable … but actually they were super delicious. Still, chefs in family mean you try stuff no matter how picky you are.

I’m with you. I’ve tried brains several times and several ways and cannot abide the texture. Mad cow makes that an easy no in any case. Beef liver and kidney are probably the only other hard nos for me. Love escamoles and chapulines, though I imagine there may be some insects I would not like.

Yes I eat everything. I choose not to eat melons (honey dew, cantaloupe) because there are just so many other things that taste so much better. But it’s not that I won’t eat it if it’s served to me by someone else or at a restaurant. In fact, every 2 or 3 years I’ll intentionally eat some when a friend or family member exclaims “oh, this cantaloupe is amazing!” I’ll have a few bites, and go “Nope. No, it’s not at all amazing.”

This sounds like a bad tuna fish salad sandwich where you looked in the fridge and didn’t find any pickles or relish so you threw in the peas leftover from last night.

A tuna fish sandwich with peas would be my “worst case scenario”. Ironic thing is that tuna is one of my favorite foods.

My diet is pretty limited anymore due to health concerns, but aside from that there really isn’t much I don’t like. I’ve never like licorice or anise much, although I can handle a subtle anise flavor is foods. Just not licorice.

Licorice candy is like rubber.

I’ll eat everything unless it’s mixed or prepared in a way that it shouldn’t be.

See tuna fish stories above. I like tuna. I like peas. I like cream of mushroom soup. I like potato chips. I won’t eat tuna fish casserole though. [hitsfan.gif]

If the question is interpreted as “if you are going to someone’s house for a meal and they ask if there’s anything you don’t like,” then no. There are certainly foods that aren’t normally served in the US that I’ve never tried (insects) and some of those I have no wish to try (brains).

Yes but low tolerance for anything ammoniated.