Dry aged steak umai bag

So this is where a chemistry, physics, and food science background, comes in handy.

That blog post is totally bunk. The material can expel water and is also oxygen permeable (the molecules are not a size difference that would be differentiated in a plastic film) although as I mentioned I do not think it matters much. The pellicle forms and there is captive oxygen in hemoglobin.

I have zero interest in this product but it was recommended by a chef friend and as a chef and food scientist I don’t trust anything without data.

Have done many by just throwing it in the fridge

I do not discount that possibility as noted, and for science I will try it.

small fan and drip tray is all i used in the fridge

Well plenty of “oh no you didn’t” but the real question is how did they turn out Kenny? And where did you get that knife flirtysmile

They were extremely good, tenderness was spot on. As mentioned I got nuttiness but no cheese and a fair bit of pleasing aged mineral effect. Not nearly as good as your Flannery but the meat isnt Flannery product either so not a fair comparison.

The knife is a Delbert Ealy custom. I have enjoyed it very much for 5 years as my sharpest blade. Cheers, Scott!