Dubrovnik Help Please

Think we (my wife found our place ). Checks all the boxes

Bedroom with Queen bed or bigger.
Nice view.
Near/in Old Town (old town nearby in background of pic)
Heat and AC.
Wi-fi.
Can cancel up to day before (we need flexibility for cancellation).
99073CDE-5E83-4769-AC1A-4B76FBA14D8F.png

We are not huge preplanners for trips, unless tickets must be purchased ahead of time since they will sell out. Or an absolute must place to eat that requires a reservation days in advance (never has been one for us anywhere ).

Any sights/restaurants fall into one of these categories??

We just returned from a 7 day cruise (on a 40 meter ship) along the Croatian cruise. We spent 2 nights in Dubrovnik before the cruise, but stayed in a hotel just above the harbor and about a $6 Uber ride to the Old Town.

We had a great meal at Restaurant 360, a Michelin 1 Star restaurant located on the Old Town wall overlooking the port. The tasting menu was creative and delicious. The service was quietly attentive and professional, and a bit more casual than we might encounter in a starred restaurant in France, which was perfect for us. The view and the ambiance were spectacular, and a great way to start off our trip. We got a reservation for 9:15 on a Friday night about a week in advance. The tasting menu was about $150 and our total, including before dinner cocktails, 3 bottles of Croatian wine (for the 4 of us), and glasses of sweet wine with dessert, was about $225 a person. That was very pricey compared to other meals we had but we thought it was well worth it.

We were incredibly lucky as Dubrovnik, and Croatia in general, were still very quiet and uncrowded. We started seeing the massive cruise ships the last day or two of our trip, so it seems tourism is picking up.

Check out “Proto” for excellent seafood

Cheers!
Marshall

Thx all. Keep 'em coming !!!

Villa Dubrovnik is one of the best hotel experiences i have ever had
hang out on the “Beach” and drink negronis all afternoon. You will thank me later.

1 Like

Need reservation in early September do you think?

I don’t think they use Tock, so go ahead get wild and crazy and make the reservation.

We were there for lunch so we just walked in. The direct reservation process is really quite simple and effective.

Cheers!
Marshall

Any specific sites to see in Old Town (do plan on walking the wall). Is one day enough to dedicate to perusing the area with no agenda ??

If you don’t mind self catering, there are a ton of places in the old town that do Air BnB. I have heard that the quality of the rooms is excellent. I can’t give you specific hotel recommendations. I talked recently with a local. She stated that the availability of quality rooms in town has never been better during the season. Have a great trip. A wonderful town!

We are set for accommodations. Staying in Air BnB-see post above with pictures . Time to do some basic research about what we are going to do, and possibly eat.

Amazing, amazing place.

Couldn’t agree more. One of our favorite trips in recent years. Food and wine was better than expected as well.

Duvrobnik surpassed all expectations during our 5-day stay 2 weeks ago. We’re looking forward to going back.

Food was impressive but not as pleased with the wines. Wine was not the priority for us as between the wife and I, I am the only alcohol drinker. In any case, every restaurant we went to recommended Posip every time I described my personal preference.