EAST COAST WINE -are there any good ones, does any one know or recommend any?

The tasting note from Mount Alto (VA) is very promising. In fact, I just had three bottles shipped to FedEx in DC (I’m in MD) and will be picking them up later today. TN: 2018 Mount Alto Manteo Nelson Cabernet (Virginia) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

I lived in Ithaca for a year. I’d suggest going to the Finger Lakes in early June. And, please plan a day to hike/walk around one of several gorges. They are spectacular and not too strenuous. The Cascadilla Gorge begins near Cornell and ends near downtown Ithaca. You can park the car at the top, hike down, have a nice lunch, then hike back/Uber to your car.

Taughannock State Park is also beautiful and has several walking trails. Ithaca really is “gorgeous.”

RdV Vineyards in Virginia… my sister is a member (I’m originally from MD but now living in Phoenix) and their wines are fantastic. Lost Mountain might be best wine east of Mississippi.

Long Point Winery makes very good CA style wines.
Gary gets his grapes from CA, makes his own juice and
ages it in barrels very patiently.
They are on the East side of Cayuga Lake.
Very good wines, reasonably priced.

Adding a plug for Cave Ridge in Mt Jackson, VA, Shenandoah Valley. Not too far from Barboursville/Charlottesville, and nice countrysides, if you’re considering a trip to VA for wine touring. Like others have said there are lots of touristy wineries making no so good wines. So good research ahead is very warranted.

There are tons of great wineries in the NY area. I would make a day trip out of visiting several on the North Fork of Long Island (although two my favorites are on the South Fork), and then the Finger Lakes area is definitely worth a visit! Here are some of my recommendations:

Long Island:
Channing Daughters, Wölffer, Bedell Cellars

Finger Lakes:
Red Tail Ridge, Inspire Moore, Living Roots, Billsboro