Eating and Drinking in Washington (mostly Seattle area)

Georgetown Brewing is ~1 mile down the road. If you’re a beer fan, I’d swing by and try a couple of beers and take a growler of IPA to go :wink:

K Vintners is right down the Street. Worth a visit for sure.

Thanks, Gentlemen!

Couple lunches out in the trade this week and some happy hour gnoshes…

Place Pigalle - escargot and beet salad were both excellent

Re:public - had a vegetarian falafel, good+

Canlis - half bottle of Ramey Chard, truffle fries with a glass of Chartogne-Taillet BTG and version of yakitori with duck meatballs and a soy and egg yolks dipping sauce… didn’t do dinner, but a great bar to have a bite and guaranteed parking close by

Heritage (Woodinville) - oysters and a house pate with a bottle of Bollinger Special Cuvee, oysters fresh as expected, pate was good, but small-ish portion

Hit Campagne in the Pike Place Market Friday for lunch. Server was very nice and receptive to stemware asks.

Food was just okay. Had meat, cheese and pate plate to share around, then while others had French Onion soup while the heavens were opening up outside, had a salad verte which was dressed and seasoned great. The steak frites was alright, my hanger wasn’t the most tender and had a vein of sinew in it. Frites and aioli were delicious as always a couple bites of strawberry sorbet were great. Espresso was really poor, could tell machine needed a good cleaning. Friend had Croque Monsieur and enjoyed it.

Regret letting them talk me out of Le Pichet.

Metropolitan Grill used to be fantastic. There really are so many fantastic culinary choices just on Capitol Hill. I ate lunch up there often, but that was some years ago.

The Met bar is still my go to Happy Hour bar. [cheers.gif]

Spinasse is quite good.

Yea, the buttered noodles are unreal…Tajarin con burro e salvia.

Happy hour burger and prawn cocktail are both go to’s.

Indeed!!

Did Taylor Shellfish Pioneer Square before and after Sunday Night Football…awesome rounds of oysters, Dungeness crab, and a ridiculous amount of Uni to go with mags of Pierre Peters and 750s of Bereche & Fils and Larmandier Berniere…all around awesome evening with really good group of people.

Hey folks, can you name any restaurants in the area that have fish other than salmon, halibut, tuna, trout, or cod? I really like those fish, but it’s really hard to find much more than those five types in restaurants. I was thinking of places other than sushi bars, but that’s cool too.

I know that Rockcreek usually has a few other varieties like Ono and Char. Walrus and The Carpenter has grilled sardines. Any others?

Harvest Vine usually has sardines. As does Bitter/Raw if I remember correctly (that is Lark’s upstairs raw bar).

You could also try Blueacre – they have a pretty extensive menu,

There was also a place that used to be on Lake Union and downtown, whose name I cannot for the life of me remember. I want to say McCarthy & Schiering but that is obviously wrong. From what I can tell it is no longer around – but they used to have an enormous fresh sheet – and the food was very good given its size and view/location. I know someone will remember the name and I will immediately recognize it!

McCormick & Schmick’s.

I suspect you are referring to McCormick & Schmick’s. They used to have locations on 1st down near Pioneer Square and on Lake Union. Both of those are now closed. Appears they still have one location in downtown Bellevue.

Yup. That was it!

Seastar in Bellevue is usually pretty solid on the seafood side, with a decent wine list.

Rockcreek in Fremont?

Rockcreek has been open for several years now, in all that time we have been twice and the food was excellent both times.
We live not far away, but the problem - it was so loud in there both times, I could not think, let alone talk with anyone.
It is the only reason we never go back. We go to lots of loud(ish) restaurants in Ballard/Fremont, but this was another level.