Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

I’m on the Northern Rhone and Spatburgunder bandwagon so Fass Selections is in there too–but pretty much. I did snag a bottle of the Domaine Pichat Côte-Rôtie Le Champon from Envoyer this week. It’s not his top bottling but JLL at Drink Rhone still gave the 2015 five stars and was only $60 bones.

I need this thread. I don’t know much about champagne! Envoyer is only 10 minutes from my work and house, so it’s dangerously easy for me to respond to the offers. Can’t believe how quickly some of them sell out! The 2014 Olga Raffault Chinon ‘Les Picasses’ sold out the day of the offer. Makes me think the pricing isn’t high enough to match demand.

I bit on some Champagne too

the bdx they do offer can be pretty tempting though. the average age of the bdx offers I get from them is like 20 years i think. as a new collector, thats pretty nice. Its why I can’t visit cellaraiders very often either. haha

PYCM Rose. Intrigued and bit for a few.

Also picked up a couple of the PYCM roses. Seems fun, but does anyone have any experience with it?

yah. not bad.

Took a flyer on a couple as well.

WT

Smoking deal on 2009 Mastroberardino Taurasi Riserva Radici today. Anyone else grabbing some?

Brian I’ve been staring at the Taurasi offer all day. Great deal!

I would really like to know how the algorithm is set to determine who gets which emails, I did not receive this one and would have picked up a couple. I think I will email Greg to inquire.

And Envoyer is one of the few non mailing lists places I buy from these days. There are a couple of local retailers and other online shops when the deal is right.

I tried but haven’t received confirmation yet.

I’m recently back on the list after being off for a few years. The only other non-Champagne I went for I didn’t get. Hoping it’s not a thing. [wink.gif]

I (hopefully) did. I’ve gotta slow down…

Took a complete flyer on a mag of the 2013 Jean-Michel Stephan Cote Rotie “36 mois”

Did anyone else bite? Has anyone heard of this producer?

i asked for a few. fun producer. no sulfur generally.

The 2009 Cocito/La Spinetta Barbaresco Riserva ‘Baluchin’ from a few days ago sounded more up my alley - awaiting response (speaking of which, what’s a typical response time to get a confirmation?)

Brad it can take several days and even up to a week as they need to get confirmation from their supplier.

Anyone bite on the 1999 Pierre Bourée Volnay 1er cru offer?

And at other times, it can take ten minutes. I bit on the 2010 Conti Costanti Brunello di Montalcino today and had confirmation quick.

The time for confirmation can also be when they are trying to allocate 20 people a few bottles each rather than a few people a full case each, or so Greg explained one time.

It gives me a lot of comfort to be buying the same thing as someone who knows much more about N Rhone [cheers.gif]

(this is not sarcasm)