Epoch Initial Release order period to begin June 16.

They don’t charge till they ship.Great move! Other wineries should take note.

Now if only they’d ship to Ohio… [swearing.gif]

Crap. Oh well, at least the Carlisle fund is not compromised.

Great response!

3 packs are sold out.

That happened fast (after the shipping adjustment)! Interestingly, I was able to order up to 6 Ingenuity which was ok with me. I ordered 3 and selected ground shipping which was “only” $14.65 compared to about $21 with the former shipping option. And, shipping was going to be $13.25 or so for 2 bottles, so I added the third bottle to bring down the average cost.

Psychologically, I could deal with it better if they increased the price, but offered free or cut rate shipping.

Glad to see they added cheaper options for the out of state folks.

But to comment on the discussion, I’ve never known a winery that treated shipping as a profit center. Psychologically, I care about the total price, not how much is supposedly for wine and how much for shipping. I realize plenty of folks disagree. However, I’m not a fan of building shipping costs into the wine price. That leads to the people who are an overnight away or who pickup at the winery subsidizing purchases from folks out of state. When I buy wine from Mid-West or East Coast retailers, I often pay for the highest price shipping method because I want the wine to arrive in good shape. It would never occur to me to suggest that they build shippling costs into their prices.

-Al

I caved and ordered a 3 pack. Not hitting the CC until it ships won me over. Plus, I thought this is a good hedge in case Saxum’s price keeps going up to SQN territory.

Unproven brand + Unproven wines + Likely marginal QPR + Out-of-touch pricing = Easy pass

They have all 3 at Woodland Hills Wine Company.

Received an email from Epoch today saying the entire release is sold out. Pretty impressive at this price and in this economic climate. [welldone.gif]