Eric Guido To Join Vinous

Seriously? I would never tire of tasting hundreds and hundreds of wines!

Not to mention you get paid for it! [cheers.gif]

After maybe trying 15 wines, even if I’m spitting, they all start to taste the same. Guess that’s why I’m a consumer, not a critic. I do agree it’s a tough job.

Gratz to Eric.

I am bummed that this will likely mean he posts much less to CT though. Maybe Ian can step in for him over there. [wink.gif]

Ian, I will miss your insights.

Eric, I am very much looking forward to yours.

Turn, turn, turn…

Cheers!

+1

Going to miss his Morrell posts, too. Imagine that: retailer email you actually want to read?

Yes, I was bitten by the bug a few years ago and never looked back. Good to hear I’m not alone.

That may be the best compliment anyone could have given me… Thank you for that.

Everyone who did tastings several days in a row with more than 50 wines a day knows how hard work this is. Doing it for years is really challenging.

I wish you good luck and health, Eric.

You know we have a cycling thread in Asylum, right? Check it out, gets more action than the wine threads, lol! Those competitive fools…

Amazing hire! Way to think long term here too. Eric is a tremendous writer as you acknowledged, and I could not be more thrilled to be reading him more regularly now.

HUGE congrats! Well deserved! I’m sure Jeremy and team will miss you greatly, but your addition to Vinous benefits more of us now :slight_smile:

Sounds great, I will absolutely be spending some time there.

Thanks Ian, great praise, and especially from you. I hope we have a chance to connect again soon.

congratulations Eric.

Congratulations Eric. I always enjoyed your posts, your enthusiasm for Italian wines and your understandable straightforward tasting notes. Hope you have a great time as a reviewer for Vinous.

Thanks David, it should only get better from here.

Congratulations and best of luck to you, Eric.

Congratulations Eric! Even if we don’t always agree on the wines. [cheers.gif]

Congratulations, Eric! champagne.gif

Ian’s encyclopaedic knowledge of Italian grapes and producers from lesser-known regions will certainly be missed. He is a unique source of information. The only plausible source (including Italian language, to my knowledge) on many of those wines.

Big shoes to fill, Eric. I wish you all the best and look forward to your first article.