Ever cringe at your old TNs?

Pretty sure there are some things in it I wouldn’t want preserved for posterity [rofl.gif]

I cringe at my new ones.

I’m sure they’ll forgive you using American English to spell flavour [snort.gif]

Does “Drunk with Ed and Nancy” refer to my disposition or that of the wine?

Someone gave me a few bottles of rose from the Guadalupe Valley. I think my note was probably spot on
5BE09E2E-D6DC-465A-8768-0376750EA1BB.jpeg

Written in crayon?
[whistle.gif]

I actually remember reading this note! I had no problem with it.

I think my old notes had better wine descriptors. I’m too much structure and too few adjectives.

Yeah, I think my first notes were likely my best, and have deteriorated steadily since.

I think somewhere here there’s an old thread about wine reviews in 7 words or less, which is what I seem to be aspiring to these days.

I think I have you all beat. Thanks to the power of cellartracker, I have laughed myself to tears revisiting my many newbie (circa 2006) contributions to the cringeworthy yet sincere genre, including:

The Foley scandal called for the outing of the only Foley wine in my collection and from a wine perspective it was a good decision. This is a savory wine of black cherry, chocolate, currant, fennel, earth, and herbs with a touch of vanilla. It has nice structure and body with enough acids but without complications or complexity. It is rustic and rich without being OTT, woody, or alcoholic. Toasting the downfall of hypocrisy and arrogance shouldn’t be this sweet.

Even though I’d prefer more balance and more fruit, this wine has some things going for it. First, it is the anti-oak, if you have an oak phobia…

The nose is Sauerbraten, I shit you not. Sweet upon entry but fills out with sharper grape, cherry, wild berry, and herb flavors. Medium to long finish that fills your whole mouth. Killer value. I can’t believe the sauerbraten. It reminds me of the kitchen in my home growing up, only it comes from a delicious red wine.

This is like the 41 year old guy at the beach who has a nice smile and works out a lot and fools you into thinking he’s 25 and really hot – until you get a closer look. Immediate pungent nose upon pouring, toasty vanilla and peach and at times a light fish broth aroma, too. It has a lovely citris graham cracker taste profile, full and defined, like an octogon-shaped CA chard, only it’s too oaky-spicy on the back end to the point of being slightly bitter. Good length at the right temperature, but the sweet spot is short as it is starting to come apart in the glass. A mixed review is in order for a wine that tried to be great and ended up just being a really nice guy. By far worth the <$10 auction price, however, what a steal. Take him home, but don’t ask him out for a 2nd date.

WHAT THE HELL IS AN OCTOGON SHAPED CHARDONNAY???

I’m glad I have more.

Great, I was a mailing list douche too. Although I still frequently think this, why, why would one write it down in public?

I’ve moved on to dohexahedron Charonnay exclusively btw.