EXTENDED TO 1/29: Sojourn Cellars - 95 Point Wine Trifecta, Bonus Bottle, and more...

Love Sojourn! Consistently excellent wines at good QPR. Just placed my Spring order as well, otherwise I’d be buying right now.

Thanks for the great offer. Remain some of my favorite Pinots, year in and out.

In for the Trifecta. Can’t get enough of these Pinots.

In for a mixed Pinot Noir 6-pack. 7 counting the 2017 Walala! Looking forward to them all, but this will be my first Ridge Creek. Thanks, Randy!

Since the Sojourn Tasting Salon was closed for a while, I don’t believe anyone on this forum has been able to try our new Spring Release wines included in this offer. Thus, I have pasted below notes from Owen Bargreen, a blogger and wine review from Washington. We are still waiting on ratings from major publications. Hopefully these notes help for folks new to Sojourn. By the way, we just opened up yesterday for outdoor wine tastings again in Sonoma.

95 Points - 2018 Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon
Sourced from this hallowed site in the Rutherford region of the Napa Valley, the 2018 ‘Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III’ shows heady aromatics of creme de cassis, graphite, red bell pepper and anise that all take their shape in the glass. The palate is plush, showing a great sense of weight and elegance. Ripe dark currants mingle with tobacco leaf, tar, and creme de cassis tones on the palate. The weight and freshness here is really good. Highly seductive and indulgent to savor in its youth, this beautiful Cabernet Sauvignon has a long life ahead of it. Be sure to give this a two hour decant of enjoying in its youth.

93 Points - 2018 Home Ranch Cuvée Cabernet Sauvignon
Sourced from Sonoma County, the ‘Home Ranch Cuvee’ was planted by Sojourn founder Craig Haserot in 2002. Aged in 70% new French oak before botting, this shows dense creme de cassis and mocha tones with blackberry compote and graphite tones on the nose. The palate shows good fruit weight and density. Rich dark fruits parade with chocolate and Linzer torte tones on the palate. Fresh and energetic, this has a long life ahead of it.

94 Points - 2019 Gap’s Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir
One of the hallowed sites in the Sonoma Coast AVA, the ‘Gap’s Crown Vineyard’ was purchased by the Price family back in 2013 and sits at 1200 feet which is relatively high for the region. The fruit quality is very pretty and precise as guava and pomegranate seed flavors dance with the wonderful salty tones and kumquat rind flavors. This is delicious wine to enjoy now, as the 2019 ‘Gap’s Crown’ Pinot Noir will cellar well over the next ten plus years.

94 Points - 2019 Sangiacomo Vineyard Pinot Noir
Sourced from six different vineyard blocks, this shows pretty red rose florals with red currants, red cherry puree and shades of damp earth on the nose. The freshness and sense of texture is really good as bright red fruits and citrus rind accents dance with minerals and smoky undertones on the palate. Complex and delicious to be consumed in its youth, this will only get better with age.

93 Points - 2019 Rodgers Creek Vineyard Pinot Noir
Located in the middle of the Petaluma Gap, the ‘Rogers Creek Vineyard’ is known for the thick fog that falls over the vineyard. Ripe red currants combine with guava puree and orange zest on the nose. The palate shows a beautiful purity of red fruits as damp earth, wild mushroom and peat moss tones combine with the bright sense of minerality on the palate. With really good length, this beautiful new bottling will cellar well for a decade or more.

92 Points - 2019 Walala Vineyard Pnot Noir
Sourced from the ‘Walala Vineyard’ set just inland from the Pacific Ocean in the Sonoma Coast AVA this wine shows off a great dusting of salinity and racy acidity mid-palate. Ripe red fruits dance with minerals and the salty terroir on the palate. Gorgeous to enjoy now, this has some good cellaring potential.

93 Points - 2019 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
The 2019 ‘Sonoma Coast’ Pinot Noir delivers lovely sour red fruits with salty soils and citrus rind tones on the nose. The palate is soft and refined, with a gorgeous sense of minerality and texture. Layers of ripe red fruits combine with kumquat zest and salty tones on the palate. This is gorgeous terroir-driven Pinot Noir that will cellar well over the next decade.

93 Points - 2019 Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay
The 2019 ‘Sangiacomo Vineyard’ Chardonnay combines clone 95 with old Wente clone Chardonnay. Salted macadamia nut and melon tones mingle with stony minerals on the nose. The palate is fresh and vibrant with really good length and a seamless texture. Layers of brioche and lemon rind mingle with minerals and shades of wild mushroom on the palate. This is seamless Chardonnay that has some good aging potential.

92 Points - 2019 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
Aged in 30% new French oak before bottling, this shows off a soft and seamless texture with ripe orchard fruits and lemon zest with Challah bread tones on the palate. The length here is impressive as this beautiful wine will cellar well over the next eight years.

I wanted to thank you, Randal, for sharing my new Sojourn reviews. They really are a beautiful set of wines.
Just as a quick heads up, I’m not a wine blogger but I am an independent wine journalist, formerly senior editor at International Wine Report, and editor of Washington Wine Blog, which is now OwenBargreen.com. I also freelance for Decanter Magazine. I have a very active network on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks again for sharing my reviews of these beautiful new release wines.

All the best,

Owen Bargreen

I’d be happy to take one for the team and taste and review each of the wines if you send them to me neener

Order in for some Rodgers Creek and Sonoma County. Craig, Erich, Randy and team have really dialed it in and run a top notch winery.

I tasted at the tasting room two years ago and what a special treat. I can’t wait to make it back. Our hostess was amazing and the best part (aside from drinking the wine) was being able to buy library wines afterwards. I filled out some Rodgers creek vintages to fill in my vertical and picked up a few of the 2009 and 2013s to drink during my children’s birthday parties.

Thank you for providing more information on your background Owen. I obviously didn’t do it justice. I hope you don’t mind us sharing your reviews on this forum – you are the only journalist and person independent from Sojourn who has actually tried these wines so far. Cheers!

Just placed an order. I’ve never had these before, so very excited to try them!

I look forward to this offer every year. In for a 6 pack.

We are extending this offer through tomorrow – call us at 707-933-9753 if you have questions or need any help.

1 Like

In for a case! You snagged me at the 11th hour Randal! I wanted to mention that I’ve visited the tasting room 4-5 times, and it’s always been one of the highlights of my wife’s annual Sonoma birthday trip in February. Last year was the first that we missed going and this year makes two in a row. Here’s to hoping for a 2022 trip!

1 Like